Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: Lucid Lynx Alpha 2 Released

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Beans
    1,208
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: Lucid Lynx Alpha 2 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by Digikid View Post
    I was told that the removal of HAL means that there is no more automount.

    Please tell me that this is not so.
    HAL is being replaced by devicekit. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeviceKit

    Things will still automount, it is just that HAL has been largely superseded by other packages, and the last functions which HAL was still needed for have been rewritten as devicekit.
    How To Use Ubuntu - Tips and guides for ubuntu
    How To Make A Band - Tips and ideas for anyone in a band

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Beans
    249
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Lucid Lynx Alpha 2 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulInBHC View Post
    Now I've wasted 2 CDs and a few hours of time. A2 386 Live does nothing, A2 386 alt gives me the install, boots to black screen, hear bongos, type name return, type password return, get music, black screen.
    Noone has commented on my problem. Should I just wait for the RC and see if I waste another CD?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Beans
    1,171
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: Lucid Lynx Alpha 2 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulInBHC View Post
    Noone has commented on my problem. Should I just wait for the RC and see if I waste another CD?
    Purchase cd-rw
    No more wasted cd. It works good for me. Every new release I update all my CDs with different versions.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    23

    Re: Lucid Lynx Alpha 2 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewabc View Post
    Purchase cd-rw
    No more wasted cd. It works good for me. Every new release I update all my CDs with different versions.
    Havent used CD's in ages. Found this guide (http://www.panticz.de/MultiBootUSB) on how to make a USB-Pen where you can just store the iso's and update grub.cfg to make them bootable.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Beans
    14
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Lucid Lynx Alpha 2 Released

    I'm surprised how stable the current alpha versions are compared to 9.10's alphas. Keep up the good work!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    33

    Re: Lucid Lynx Alpha 2 Released

    i was poking around looking at http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/lucid/alpha-2/ and other pages, trying to find the minimal. is there no minimal in alpha and beta stages? when does the minimal usually show up? or did i overlook it?
    what'd be the nearest to what i'm looking for? alternative cd?
    today, i am a #!er. like ubuntu, all the bang, but with crunched bloat.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Lucid Lynx Alpha 2 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by Siljrath View Post
    i was poking around looking at http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/lucid/alpha-2/ and other pages, trying to find the minimal. is there no minimal in alpha and beta stages? when does the minimal usually show up? or did i overlook it?
    what'd be the nearest to what i'm looking for? alternative cd?
    It looks like only releases have mini.iso. Try looking around here.
    boot_info_script | AMD64 Athlon X2 Dual-Core - nVidia Geforce 6150 SE - 4GB DDR3

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire, U.S.A.
    Beans
    2,528
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Unhappy Re: Lucid Lynx Alpha 2 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by balduin View Post
    I'm surprised how stable the current alpha versions are compared to 9.10's alphas. Keep up the good work!
    Maybe for you.

    This one just hung again today, all updated to the latest.

    It uses intel (ever hear of Intel? must be some small unknown company with few products out ...) video graphics, the only way it runs at all is with "nomodeset" on the boot linux line, and with xorg.conf "vesa".

    Between Compiz changes for Intrepid and KMS things have been pretty "unstable" for my various intel and ati pc's.

    Jerry

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    33

    Cool Re: Lucid Lynx Alpha 2 Released

    @VMC,
    cheers, i have, and will again be looking there often. only looking for whats happnin with 10.04 tho.
    it's just the core i'm after at the moment. not fussed on the fluff.


    Quote Originally Posted by jerrylamos View Post
    Maybe for you.

    This one just hung again today, all updated to the latest.

    It uses intel (ever hear of Intel? must be some small unknown company with few products out ...) video graphics, the only way it runs at all is with "nomodeset" on the boot linux line, and with xorg.conf "vesa".

    Between Compiz changes for Intrepid and KMS things have been pretty "unstable" for my various intel and ati pc's.

    Jerry
    oh great. :/ just one more thing pushing me archward. thnx alot ubloatu. ;p doesnt look good for my poor intel graphics laptop.
    today, i am a #!er. like ubuntu, all the bang, but with crunched bloat.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Gulf Coast USA
    Beans
    13
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Lucid Lynx Alpha 2 Released


Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •