Thread: Sound in both speakers and headphones on HP Pavilion.

Threaded View

Beans

Re: Sound in both speakers and headphones on HP Pavilion.

Oh my headphones work with the model set to dv5 as I stated. The mic, unfortunately, doesn't work. By that I mean the mic input is greyed out in gnome-volume-control. I'm speaking about the internal mic on the laptop with the webcam. It used to work, until I updated the sound driver. I've only tried wired headsets that are headphones only. I don't have a wired headset with a mic - I do have a Bluetooth headset with a mic. That's not work but that's probably a Bluetooth problem.

Question: Does your pavucontrol: Configuration (tab): Profile have any 5.1 stuff? I would think that this sound card does 5.1 - maybe not on the laptop speakers but at least out the HDMI? Also does your HDMI connection produce sound? I wish to hook up this entertainment PC to my entertainment center via HDMI. Usually sound is forwarded down the HDMI connection and will then go out my home theater system. On this PC it doesn't. Finally, if you have nay Bluetooth headset - does your Bluetooth work? I'd rather use my comfortable and small Bluetooth headset on the bus than to have to lug around a large set of wired headphones.
    Last edited by defaria; February 10th, 2010 at 08:26 AM.