Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best tablet for my money

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

best tablet for my money

I am looking for a tablet device, I have around $400 to spend on one so it has to fall under $400 to include taxes.

I really want a honeycomb device one that is well supported.
    7" or 10.1" doesn't matter
    I don't want a capacitive screen it has to be head sensing or it is really moot to me.
    1G ram
    over 1ghz processor or a dual core is at all possible.

Thank you for your input

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: best tablet for my money

I know the HP model that runs WebOS is going for $399 some places... Alternatively look at amazon, bestbuy, or newegg to review the different models.

Finding a Tab with Honeycomb that cheap might be an issue. Also capacitive the norm.. I never heard of Head sensing... what is that... Google isn't very helpful

Beans

Presumably you're using it mainly for content consumption, not creation? Otherwise you might want to consider a netbook, or at least a tablet with its own active stylus.

Value vs function wise, you can't go past Archos. They're not the greatest tablets (they're pretty good), or the cheapest (they're pretty cheap), but they have an absolutely brilliant specs to price ratio.

If you must have Honeycomb you might have to wait for their new "G9" generation due out in September.

http://www.archos.com/

Beans
    Hidden!

nook color no doubt! the screens on these guys are awesome! theres a honeycomb version if you check out the xda board. theres lots of work being done on this tablet.

only downside i would say is 7 inch screen, but to me its just right. personal preference.

i bought mine on craigslist.org almost brand new for $150. there $250 brand new from barnes and noble.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I got the Asus Transformer a couple weeks ago. Love it. $399. I grew to like it so much I went back and got the optional keyboard, so now I have both a tablet and a netbook in one device. Honeycomb rocks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Having an experience of having tablets on display for sale, I'd recommend the Asus Eee Pad Transformer. Don't know what's its price in your region, though.

I was pretty happy fiddling with it I wish I could've bought it right on the spot there.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Thanks guys checked out the transformer and the Iconia Tab and I went with the Iconia Tab because I am getting $50 back so I only end up paying $350 I love newegg. I hope it is as good as the galaxy s phones.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I used the Iconia at a store and I quite liked it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I was going to suggest an archos, but any how.
    Which is more important in obtaining the truth, "what" or "why"? Trick question. They are of equal importance.
    Freely ye have received, freely give.

Beans
    Hidden!

Eww tablets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast