Page 534 of 534 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534
Results 5,331 to 5,333 of 5333

Thread: Guayadeque Music Player Test request

Beans

Re: Guayadeque Music Player Test request

Quote Originally Posted by bmbaker View Post
    On another note, does anyone know why Wikidot members have been removed? I got an email saying :-
    "Hi, bmbaker!

There is one notification related to your Wikidot account:
    To view the full list of notifications visit:
    http://www.wikidot.com/account:you/start/notifications

Membership removal

You have been removed from members of the site "Guayadeque" .

If you do not wish to receive such notification digests please go to
    http://www.wikidot.com/account:you/start/settings [you account settings]
    and configure the Notifications section."

but no reason why!!!
    thanks
    BB
    It is a standard message when a site is closed down.

I cannot continue to support an application that does not adhere to the FOSS standards and abuses it's most dedicated users.

The fact is that the material from the Guayadeque wiki was taken verbatim and used on the "official" web site and DID not follow the CC-3 license of:

"You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work)."

shows a value system I want no part of.

The decisions to allow the deletion of messages, the banning of users at several sites, or banning a message because of content is nothing I want to be a part of..

Beans
    Hidden!

Exclamation Re: Guayadeque Music Player Test request

@Vastone,

At some point you are going have to stop spreading your despicable lies and your bile in public forums; public forums which -I remind you- are meant to be used to request and offer support: you do neither.

I cannot continue to support an application that does not adhere to the FOSS standards and abuses it's most dedicated users.
    And you manage to say such a thing without a hint of irony! Not only YOU have no clue about such principles: you constantly abuse them and hide behind them to pursue your own little goals. I wonder at what point you started growing the fantasy that you owned this project: was it after your first, second donation...?

The fact is that the material from the Guayadeque wiki was taken verbatim and used on the "official" web site and DID not follow the CC-3 license
    You not only are a compulsive liar: you are just not very good at it. As it happens (and you know very well) I'm in the unique position of having collaborated in the documentation of both sites from the very beginning. It was clear to me fairly quickly that you were a controlling character who was just pursing his own agenda. So I moved to guayadeque.org where I offered my help. Myself, anonbeat and tamalet started then working in the documentation over there. We used for this and old manual which anonbeat had already written for an early version of guayadeque but had never come round to have it polished enough for publication: we updated and improved upon this text. I then reused some of the text which I HAD PERSONALLY WRITTEN for the other wiki. If I remember OK the sections on commands and smart mode and dynamic lists. I'm sure the Commons Creative Licence can make an exception when an author doesn't attribute something to himself. But of course you know all this.

I'll tell you what is so sad about all this: that you have actually managed to cause serious damage to a good project. You managed to deceive very valid people which otherwise could have helped and give their energy to the project when and where it needed it most. Deceived by you they spent their energy and patience supporting your own egoistic fantasy. One day then -and out of personal spite- you just deleted a whole site which was meant to be a community site and where a bunch of people spent many hours believing that they were building something together.

You have been removed from members of the site "Guayadeque".....
    but no reason why!!!
    It is a standard message when a site is closed down.
    by whom?

I cannot continue to support...
    So much for community values....

This -by the way- is my last post on this thread. You can take my word for it.
    Best Linux Player: Guayadeque

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Guayadeque Music Player Test request

Thread closed by the request of the original poster.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Page 534 of 534 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534