Page 3 of 534 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Guayadeque Music Player Test request

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Guayadeque Music Player Test request

@ anonbeat

I was wondering if you had any response for the suggestions I made on he page 1 of this thread?

Here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...15&postcount=7

and here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...4&postcount=10

Thanks.
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spellbinder View Post
    In addition to the Forward/Back/Play/Pause buttons, I think a Stop button is direly needed.
    Can you explain me why will be needed a Stop button?

About the rearrange windows I already posted that its almost my number one feature I want to add as it have been requested many times.

Finally how is behaving guayadeque with your collection after a few days of usage ?

greets
    J.Rios

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by anonbeat View Post
    Can you explain me why will be needed a Stop button?

About the rearrange windows I already posted that its almost my number one feature I want to add as it have been requested many times.

Finally how is behaving guayadeque with your collection after a few days of usage ?

greets
    J.Rios
    Well, a stop button is necessary, in my view. Maybe just an opinion, but not having a stop button just doesn't make sense to me. Nearly all other players have a stop button from iTunes and Winamp to Exaile and Foobar2000, and most others. I know there are a few with no stop button, Songbird for instance. But there are extensions available to add it. Pause just, well....pauses. I would like to STOP the song.

Thanks for posting about customization. I missed that, sorry.

As far as Guayadeque's behavior after a few days. Really good! A bit sluggish at times if I navigate while playing music, but that may have to do with the size of my collection (142,000+ mp3's) rather than Guayadeque itself.

Thanks for your work on this great player. Look forward to further updates.
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spellbinder View Post
    Well, a stop button is necessary, in my view. Maybe just an opinion, but not having a stop button just doesn't make sense to me. Nearly all other players have a stop button from iTunes and Winamp to Exaile and Foobar2000, and most others. I know there are a few with no stop button, Songbird for instance. But there are extensions available to add it. Pause just, well....pauses. I would like to STOP the song.

Thanks for posting about customization. I missed that, sorry.

As far as Guayadeque's behavior after a few days. Really good! A bit sluggish at times if I navigate while playing music, but that may have to do with the size of my collection (142,000+ mp3's) rather than Guayadeque itself.

Thanks for your work on this great player. Look forward to further updates.
    I removed the stop button just to leave more space for the other buttons. I can add it as Its not a problem but about functionality its not going to be much different. The only diff is when you stop the position will go to start of the current playing track.

Thank you for testing
    J.Rios

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Personally, I agree with not having a stop button. Having used players with both stop and pause, the functionality isn't really any different, as far as I can see. What if, as part of your interface customizations, you made it an option? If you want it, you can have it, and if you don't see a need to use the real estate for it, you don't have to.

Also, my collection is a "meager" 40k tracks and it functioning great! Navigation is snappy, play, pause, forward, backward, quit all happen instantaneously. Any improvements at this point should definitely not negatively impact current functionality and speed. This is an amazing player and I would hate to see it go the way of Amarok.

My only real concern is regarding the last.fm dynamic playlist function: it seems as if it is far to easy for it to get "stuck" in a rut. I'll put 10 tracks into the playlist, turn on the dynamic function and shortly after my original 10 tracks are finished, Guayadeque will start playing the same artist over and over, or the same 3 artists rather than branching out. I suppose I need to try adjusting the parameters for the dynamic playlists as well as the allow/deny options. This was really just an observation.

Thanks again for such a great player!!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by dartmusic View Post
    My only real concern is regarding the last.fm dynamic playlist function: it seems as if it is far to easy for it to get "stuck" in a rut. I'll put 10 tracks into the playlist, turn on the dynamic function and shortly after my original 10 tracks are finished, Guayadeque will start playing the same artist over and over, or the same 3 artists rather than branching out. I suppose I need to try adjusting the parameters for the dynamic playlists as well as the allow/deny options. This was really just an observation.

Thanks again for such a great player!!
    Thank you for your help. Im trying to improve the smart playlist as Im not quite happy with it neither.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Talking Re: Guayadeque Music Player Test request

I don't have a large collection, but Guayadeque is by far and away the best music player I have ever used. It beats Exaile and Rhythmbox hands down. Thank you for your amazing work.

I've only had one problem with it so far: a filename with a # in it won't play. That was easily resolved, of course, but it took me a bit to figure it out.

Here are a few of my ideas for improvement:
    - Jamendo/Magnatune streaming+download. Magnatune needs a username password (via HTTP), but you will be one of (if not THE) first to implement this, if you do. Also note that Jamendo embeds the CC license PNG and their logo in their MP3s, so the first image is not necessarily the album cover, so I had to edit my tracks from Jamendo (I just removed all the images from them, so Guayadeque used the art associated with the album)
    - An option to hide/show the filters (I don't use them, myself).
    - a wider view of covers to download, showing 4 or 6 covers (with a zoom tooltip?) would make it easier to choose the desired one
    - an URL location in "Select cover location" dialog, so it can be downloaded if you already have the URL (ie., from Magnatune)
    - the ability to reorder the album list - via context menu - by artist, album name, year
    - custom tag filters? so I could add, for example, a "sub-genre" or "composer" and "performer" tags and then locate them with a window like the "Labels" window

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment ... Once again, thank you for an amazing piece of software.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jovean View Post
    I don't have a large collection, but Guayadeque is by far and away the best music player I have ever used. It beats Exaile and Rhythmbox hands down. Thank you for your amazing work.

I've only had one problem with it so far: a filename with a # in it won't play. That was easily resolved, of course, but it took me a bit to figure it out.

Here are a few of my ideas for improvement:
    - Jamendo/Magnatune streaming+download. Magnatune needs a username password (via HTTP), but you will be one of (if not THE) first to implement this, if you do. Also note that Jamendo embeds the CC license PNG and their logo in their MP3s, so the first image is not necessarily the album cover, so I had to edit my tracks from Jamendo (I just removed all the images from them, so Guayadeque used the art associated with the album)
    - An option to hide/show the filters (I don't use them, myself).
    - a wider view of covers to download, showing 4 or 6 covers (with a zoom tooltip?) would make it easier to choose the desired one
    - an URL location in "Select cover location" dialog, so it can be downloaded if you already have the URL (ie., from Magnatune)
    - the ability to reorder the album list - via context menu - by artist, album name, year
    - custom tag filters? so I could add, for example, a "sub-genre" or "composer" and "performer" tags and then locate them with a window like the "Labels" window

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment ... Once again, thank you for an amazing piece of software.
    Thank you for your help. I will take note of your comments.

Just one thing, if you double click over 'Filters' it will hide it.

Thanks again for your testing

J.Rios

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jovean View Post
    Excellent idea.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have had a look at your music player and really like it. It loaded my 25,000 + (mainly flac) files faster than any other gui music player I have tried.

I got the not very random issue aswell, 2 songs from the same album in the first 10 tracks.

When it has ipod support I would use it. I currently use ncmpc or cmus and am not one for fancy gui apps that just take longer to do what a cli one will do perfectly well.

That said, I`m sure I`m in the minority there and your project looks good. iPod(mp3 player) support is a must.

Just my opinion, free software devs are my heroes.

Page 3 of 534 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast