Thread: Stay PulseAudio free please

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Stay PulseAudio free please

This is both a plead to Xubuntu Developers and the Xubuntu community to please keep Xubuntu PulseAudio free. I know that there is mixed opinions on the whole sound system but frankly, from posts and blogs around the web; there have been more headaches than happiness. I used Ubuntu for some time and never had happiness with the sound system. I removed PulseAudio, purged it, removed, purge...etc and still couldn't get stable results...THEN

I discovered that Xubuntu was Pulse free. I switched and have had Uber-happiness since!! There have been no hiccups in any program. Flash=good, Qmmp=great, FL Studio 9 (under wineasio)=great, VLC/Mplayer=great, other embedded web content=great, Cube2 Sauerbraten=great, volume control throughout Xubuntu=good!

Leave PulseAudio as an option. Don't include it in Xubuntu-restricted-extras, just leave it as an option. Please!

How many others agree? If you support what i am saying please let the devs know..they can continue to build a fantastic Ubuntu based distro.
    Last edited by MiCK.ca; January 14th, 2010 at 12:46 AM.
    "The box said 'For Windows 98 or better', So I loaded Linux"