Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lexmark x4650 drivers

Beans

Re: Lexmark x4650 drivers HELP!

I was having a hell of a time getting my Lexmark 4650 installed and working -- the instructions above helped greatly, thanks! -- and then I couldn't for the life of me get it to print wirelessly (I had had no problem doing this when my laptop was still on Windows). The sticking point turned out to be figuring out how to determine the IP address of the printer correctly -- NOT the same thing, it seems, as the IP address of our router. This page at Lexmark (http://support.lexmark.com/index?pag...erlocale=EN_US) helped. It was actually very simple: the printer itself, if you press the right buttons ("Setup," then select "Network Setup" and keep telling it "OK"), prints out a sheet divulging its IP address.

Whew!

Surely, though, there's got to be an easier way. I wonder if somebody's got a nice app to determine what's connected to your wireless network (and, say, to control the router -- set password protection, etc.).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

No i have not figured it out. I'm back at my friend's trying to get this printer to work over the wireless network. Still getting the "not enough space for widget" error. Doesn't matter if i install via terminal as root, or by executing the file from nautilus. I might try to upgrade to 10.04 as a last resort. This is driving me nuts.

It wouldn't be an issue if the HP LJ3015 would print his pages from the SunTrust site properly, but it spits out pages of lines and empty boxes.

EDIT: Problem solved after following instructions in the following post. http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...70&postcount=6
    Last edited by sites; May 29th, 2010 at 01:01 AM. Reason: solved
    This APT has Super Cow Powers.
    If I'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer.

Beans

Let me be the guy who asks why after running it (the Lexmark driver), I get a message that says my root password entered is incorrect when I am without doubt that it's correct.

Any takers?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by fire.for.effect; July 12th, 2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the driver

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by fire.for.effect View Post
    Let me be the guy who asks why after running it (the Lexmark driver), I get a message that says my root password entered is incorrect when I am without doubt that it's correct.

Any takers?

Thanks in advance.
    Same here
    any help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Finally!

I've been trying to get my Lexmark X4650 printer working with Ubuntu since I switched to Linux early last year.

I just followed the instructions outlined in this thread and it now works both connected and wireless. I did, however, need to make a small adjustment on how I installed the driver that gets downloaded. After extracting the driver I had to run the executable out of the terminal using sudo otherwise just double clicking it to run it and entering the pwd failed every time.

Nice job fellas. Not just a paperweight anymore.

Thanks a ton

Beans

Cool Re: Lexmark x4650 drivers HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by willyboy666 View Post
    Same here
    any help
    Only three of us have this problem? I KNOW my password. Is the root password different from my startup login? I'm an eager noob, but have been working with ******* since 5.1... doesn't seem that long ago.
    Anyway, I finally got my wireless to work on my Samsung N130, and wanted to print to our new Lexmark X4650, wirelessly, since I see a couple of posts suggesting success at this.

Any Help will be much appreciated!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The root pwd is the same as the login if you are the administrator of your system. I had the same problem with the pwd error at first when I tried installing the driver by just double clicking it and having it install that way. I have no idea why that error occurs, but I was able to get around it by using the command line to install the driver.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

The drivers from the above link worked perfect with 32bit Ubuntu but NOT AT ALL on 64.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 64bit and the drivers were installed well. No errors whatsoever was found but they just won't work.

Does anybody know how to configure? Is there a 64bit version of this drivers???
    Please let me know.

Many thanks and regards,
    GS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

The printer started to work itself without any fix being applied which is great BUT there's NO duplex option available.

I can duplex manually like printing out odd numbered pages and put them back in the printer afterwards but it's annoying, time-consuming and not at all the way forward.

Another thing is, I don't think print preferences can be saved in a profile (like you can on Windows) either.

With these issues at hand, I think it's safe to say the printer does NOT entirely work.

So, any ideas folks? If you've got any magic tricks that can ease my pain, hit me up here

Many thanks and regards,
    GS

Beans

Cheers cheers to ahillsbe and wordini! Got my x4650 working via wifi and usb now. I no longer need to use my wife's computer to print stuff -- love it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast