So, my family went and got my sister a Lemur UltraThin for Christmas (arrived recently since we ordered it WAY too late, but it came in time for the new school year). So far for the most part she's quite satisfied, but unfortunately there's one rather crucial exception: the battery life. Even with the wireless off and the screen dimmed, she's still only getting around 2 hours of battery life, which unfortunately isn't nearly enough to make it through the day's classes.

It came with 9.10, naturally, and we've done the upgrade to the latest System76 driver (updating first with Synaptic, and then running the utility to install the latest drivers).

Is this right? I had read between 4 and 5 hours in varying answers. I did go with the 7200rpm drive as the only modification from the stock configuration, which I suppose would drain more battery power, but it wouldn't really halve the battery life, right?

Here's the battery state and info (I'm typing this from it right now . . . I'm too used to my netbook, the keys are too big, heh). In this case the screen is dimmed almost but not all the way, and naturally the wireless is on:

Quote Originally Posted by /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/info
present: yes
design capacity: 2800 mAh
last full capacity: 2741 mAh
battery technology: rechargeable
design voltage: 11100 mV
design capacity warning: 260 mAh
design capacity low: 0 mAh
capacity granularity 1: 64 mAh
capacity granularity 2: 64 mAh
model number: BAT
serial number: 0001