Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tevii S660 DVB-S2 USB

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Tevii S660 DVB-S2 USB

I bought tevii s660 yesterday and I installed it on 10.04 with the same instructions you mention and its seems to install ok. I haven't test it yet but if you can explain what is the problem with the installation maybe I can help.
    Last edited by SOME1; July 5th, 2010 at 10:03 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

BUMP - Seeking advice on how to install the new drivers for Tevii S660. Looking at the rest of this thread and having seen this device scan before, I am sure it can work. Otherwise any suggestions gratefully received.

Beans
    Distro

Sorry, I missed response from SOME1! I have seen the device scan before, though it didn't complete. When I tried again I get an error message:

WARNING: frontend type (OFDM) is not compatible with requested tuning type (QPSK)
    ERROR: initial tuning failed.

Were you able to download the drivers from the Tevii site and use the instructions to install? The file in the drivers on the site appear different from the ones I used previously so don't know what to do with them. The device is recognised and says it has installed - I just can't scan now. Let me know what other information would be useful.

Beans
    Distro

Strange error, I didn't get that when I installed it.
    I suggest you try to connect the tevii to a different USB port, see if it change something.

just to make sure you did what I did to install it: (on Ubuntu 10.04)
    you download the this file, extract it to your home page (make sure the directory name you extract the files to it has only english letters!).
    next you run on terminal
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r` build-essential
    that will install everything you need to compile the installation.

next in terminal you cd to the directory you extract the installion file on it and run
    Code:
    sudo cp *.fw /lib/firmware
    Code:
    sudo tar xjvf linux-tevii-ds3000.tar.bz2
    Code:
    sudo cd linux-tevii-ds3000
    Code:
    sudo make
    Code:
    sudo make install
    and you got somewhere the error you wrote?

Beans

Jumping in on this thread... I also have a Revo R3610 running Ubuntu 10.04 (love it ) and am looking for a USB2 DVB-S2 tuner with Disequ 1.2 support. This box had caught my eye. Can anyone report that they have this Tevii working to view/record UK Freesat channels (including BBC HD)? Are there any known working alternatives?

Beans
    Distro

For everyone who try to install\use tevii s660 on ubuntu 10.04 unsuccessfully -

I send an email to tevii support and this is what they wrote me back:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for using TeVii product,

We are making driver for Ubuntu10.04 now, give us more time please.

Meanwhile, your can try to searching driver on linux website www.linuxtv.org

Thanks!!
    TeVii Support
    hope this will help for who trying to use it on 10.04.
    Last edited by SOME1; July 12th, 2010 at 08:00 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Many thanks SOME1 for the very clear instructions. I used them and was able to scan for channels. The process took 6.5 hrs (vs. the 20 minutes I was expecting from instructions on the Parker1 site). Finally I got a channels.conf file with something in it, but still unable to view any channels. Plus I keep having to unplug the usb back in for the device to be recongised.

At least I know I'm not going mad now. Guess I can install 9.10 and have more luck, this being the main reason for running it on a Revo attached to the main TV.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by EllamsR View Post
    Jumping in on this thread... I also have a Revo R3610 running Ubuntu 10.04 (love it ) and am looking for a USB2 DVB-S2 tuner with Disequ 1.2 support. This box had caught my eye. Can anyone report that they have this Tevii working to view/record UK Freesat channels (including BBC HD)? Are there any known working alternatives?
    This device works ok with current drivers on 10.04. However, I am still having problems with reliable Diseqc on it. I'm hoping the flaky diseqc will be addressed in updated drivers.

Beans

Hi,

I used to use my Tevii s660 with Ubuntu - I did run into problems, so I switched to yaVDR as the OS, for anyone that wants a PVR - it worked out the box once the OS was installed - highly recommended easy to set up.

Anyway off memory this is how I installed mine on Ubuntu for anyone having problems:

1) Download drivers from Tevii website
    2) Unzip the download

3) Open Readme and follow instructions -> copy firmware to lib/firmware folder, unzip tar, etc etc

4) sudo make
    5) sudo make install

If it does not work I remember I had to do this:

In a terminal type:
    dmesg | grep dvb

This gave me a message like, found a tevii .. in cold state
    looking for firmware
    usb-dvb-s660.fw file not found

So I did step 6

6) backup the relevant driver
    - teviis660.fw (cp teviis660.fwteviis660backup.fw)
    then rename (mv) the driver to the name it is looking for in dmesg | grep dvb ie:

mv teviis660.fw usb-dvb-s660.fw

I believe that fixed my problem last time. I have to reinstall Ubuntu in the next few days so I will be trying it out later - If i run into problems / success I will post back (sorry about the blue boxes - pasted from my email)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SnoopFogg View Post

To scan for free channels I enter in the terminal:
    scan -x0 /usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/Astra-28.2E | tee channels.conf
    Sorry haven't read the whole thread to see if any1 replied

I did my scan via:

sudo sh -c "scan -o vdr /usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/Astra-19.2E > /var/lib/vdr/channels.conf"

Also a good scanning guide is here: http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_freesat.php

You can download channel lists from here: http://www.vdr-settings.com/download/channels/

Hope this helps

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast