Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Tevii S660 DVB-S2 USB

Beans

Re: Tevii S660 DVB-S2 USB

Quote Originally Posted by jksj View Post
    Further update - receiver now working perfectly in Mythtv but If the power is turned off and on the receiver has to be re-initialised in windows.So presumably I am using either the wrong firmware or the driver built into 12.04 is not good at cold start.

Please post which firmware has been successfully used with the 12.04 driver or how to get the liplinian driver to compile.
    Copy the firmware from the windows partition to the mythbuntu partition.

Beans

Thanks - I thought of that but the firmware files are not that obvious, there are a couple of cat files of the right size but they probably need reformatting. I note that there is avtivity on linux-media to address this issue, so I would like to try an updated driver if I can get it to compile.

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-me.../msg51236.html

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jksj View Post
    Further update - receiver now working perfectly in Mythtv but If the power is turned off and on the receiver has to be re-initialised in windows.So presumably I am using either the wrong firmware or the driver built into 12.04 is not good at cold start.

Please post which firmware has been successfully used with the 12.04 driver or how to get the liplinian driver to compile.
    I have the exact same problem! Have you already found a solution?
    I've used various driver versions from v4l and liplinian and on both ubuntu and debian I get this problem. Currently running Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.2.0-32-generic x86_64).

Beans

No i gave up and bought a TBS 6920 which is rock solid.
    I found that there was some work going on to address the problem. Google DS3000 firmware in http://git.linuxtv.org/media_tree.git. I tried the patches against the latest V4Linux build from http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Ho...Device_Drivers with no success. On my system the card would work reliably (after a cold start in windows) for a couple of days and then kill the USB subsystem to the extent that the machine would not boot until after a full power cycle. I gave up after about a month of this.

Beans

I have 2 PCIe versions which in reality are the equivalent to 4 USB versions and have had no issues at all - just installed them yesterday on mythbuntu 12.04.1 and they worked great

I don't know if other cards are better...

Cheers

This is basically what I did (note that this is from my install script so not all is valid, but it did work)
    Code:
    sudo wget http://www.tevii.com/s2_liplianin_1.tar # these are older but work
    sudo tar xvf s2_liplianin_1.tar

cd tevii_*/linux/firmware/

sudo cp dvb-fe-cx24116.fw /lib/firmware/
    sudo cp dvb-fe-ds3000.fw /lib/firmware/
    sudo cp dvb-usb-s630.fw /lib/firmware/
    sudo cp dvb-usb-s660.fw /lib/firmware/
    sudo cp dvb-usb-teviis660.fw /lib/firmware/

sudo jockey-text -e firmware:dvb_usb # enable additional driver in mythbuntu for tevii

Beans

I'm using my S660 along with its remote in lirc through devinput and I'm having a bit of a problem with it. When I use it to tune into sat streams, after a while the blue light will flash on the front of the device and the remote will stop working until my next restart. Nothing appears in any logs I've looked at so I'm unsure where else to start.

If anyone has seen anything similar or has any idea on how to fix this, any info would be appreciated.

Beans

I use the PCIe versions and do not have any issues.

There have been others that have noted something about power management on USB ports - in the BIOS.

Beans

Today I've performed an kernel update after which I've downloaded, compiled and installed the latest drivers. Now I get something new visible in dmesg, which looks good:

Code:
    [   37.976563] ds3000_firmware_ondemand: Waiting for firmware upload (dvb-fe-ds3000.fw)...
    [   37.979650] ds3000_firmware_ondemand: Waiting for firmware upload(2)...
    [   39.688208] ds3000_firmware_ondemand: Waiting for firmware upload (dvb-fe-ds3000.fw)...
    [   39.689358] ds3000_firmware_ondemand: Waiting for firmware upload(2)...
    [   40.726444] ds3000_firmware_ondemand: Waiting for firmware upload (dvb-fe-ds3000.fw)...
    [   40.727501] ds3000_firmware_ondemand: Waiting for firmware upload(2)...
    (yes, I have three of them )

Running kernel 3.2.0-35-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP Wed Dec 5 17:42:16 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    with the latest v4l drivers and the firmware suggested by mikulator.
    I've not yet had a cold reboot, I will let you all know if all is OK after the next power failure or full system maintenance/reboot.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have used several PCI DVB-S cards with zero problems, until one day I got an ION motherboard and then needed USB DVB-S cards and ... lots of problems. Even cards reported to be working fine, were so only with Diseqc 1.0 but did not support Diseqc 1.2 (rotor)

If anybody has used a usb dvb-s (or dvb-s2) card under linux with a rotor and working properly, please say so and what card you used.

Beans

After a cold boot the firmware is now loaded correctly I have a lot of continuity counter errors and stuttering though.. but that's a different problem.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast