Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Any Pittsburgh Ubuntu Users?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Any Pittsburgh Ubuntu Users?

West Central PA here.

Run ubuntu dual boot on my main system and the 'kids" computer. I also have four test systems that I play with whenever I have time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

I'm a current staff worker here at Robert Morris University. I'm a network engineer, and live in aliquippa. We actually use ubuntu for quite a few servers here on campus. Ubuntu is great stuff, and you got to love the community.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm in the south hills of pittsburgh.

Great to see other pittsburghers who use Ubuntu!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

To be honest i didnt expect to find this many users. Two of the call center analysts who were hired recently (im in desktop support but talk to those guys all the time) use ubuntu. Wheni wear my ubuntu polo to work people recognize it and ask me questions. I've told probably 20-30 people about ubuntu at work. If they get really interested i show them my macbook pro (santa rosa) and huge cinema display with dual cubes. Because citrix makes a linux client, most of my work apps are easy to run without the use of my virtual XP (although that runs flawlessly for the stubbern programs that dont run in my linux).

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm not technically FROM Pittsburgh. I'm FROM further East than my Western Friend from Philly. Having said that, I currently LIVE in Pittsburgh and have for the last 7 years (Monroeville), so I guess I qualify. The question is do you have enough vicadin to pass around for those of you that say U-Ins when this *nix NOOB shows up at the newly formed group?

B

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

No vicadin needed Although the last part of your sentence was completely greek to me. Guess im a n00b lol!

Beans
    Hidden!

Sorry about those errors in judgement on my part - U-Ins was to be phonetic for the funny way people from Pittsburgh say you. I can see how with Ubuntu and Unix the U could get confusing and my point be missed in writing. the *nix I have seen in BSD, and Linux forums, and I take it to mean all forms of and flavors of Unix.

I apologize for not adhering to rule #1 - there are too many three letter groups we have to remember at work, we don't want to remember them for fun. i won't let it happen again, at least not today. sleep well.

cheers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Haha not that big of a deal. I do recognize *nix (from being aroudn the forums alot) but usually i type U-ns as yinze lol. Pittsburgh-ese just doesnt type out well. Yinze like pop and peirogies n' at?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456