We are working on a new Ubuntu project that you may have heard about, The Ubuntu Manual Project. It is a complete beginners manual for Ubuntu, featuring comprehensive guides, How Tos and information on anything you need to know after first installing Ubuntu.
We need help from the community to give us some more information. We would prefer responses from beginner Ubuntu users, but if you are a seasoned Ubuntu user and can recall when you first started using Ubuntu, we would appreciate your input as well.
Feel free to answer each question in as much or as little detail as you like.
To view what content we have at the moment, visit the Table of Contents.
1. If you could choose one Ubuntu-specific thing to be included in an Ubuntu Manual, what would it be?
2. Do you believe a manual like this should be included in Lucid Lynx by default?
3. If it was to be included by default, do you think it should be on the desktop?
4. Would you be interested in printing such a manual?
5. Do you think PDF is a good format, or would you prefer HTML or another format?
6. We are including a section on using the default applications. Which do you think should have the most detail?
7. Out of the following hardware categories, which one should have the most detail?
Thankyou for taking the time to respond. With your help, we hope to be able to create something that will make the transition to Ubuntu easier for newcomers.
For more information about the project, and to see how you can help, visit our wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual
Ubuntu Manual Project Leader