Thread: Lexmark Pro 200 Series Printer?

Threaded View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Lexmark Pro 200 Series Printer?

Awesome, glad to see that others have this working too. The link posted before me by Feenix3k was how I installed and printed with this printer. I had a minor issue with a failure to gain administrator access. Had to run the install script with sudo. Anyways, here are the gory details.

Go to "Lexmark United States Support & Downloads for Lexmark Prospect Pro205" http://support.lexmark.com/index?loc...rompage=null#1 Scroll down the page and click "See Downloads for Linux/Unix." I clicked on the third option, "Printer Driver without JRE for 32-bit Debian Package Manager based Distros." Gives you a popup, click download, choose download location. After download of the .tar.gz is finished, extract that sucker. Should give you a file "lexmark-inkjet-legacy-1.0-1.i386.deb.sh" Instead of double clicking to run the script, what you want to do is open a terminal Ctrl-Alt-T and type "sudo that file" where that file is the path of the .deb.sh. Should open a nice GUI installer. When I initially installed the printer on Windows XP about a year ago, I remember various bugs with getting the printer to print over our local wireless network. I eventually had my roommate fix the wireless printing.

Not too tough in comparison to compiling a custom kernel and other stuff my CS classes are having me do right now.

edit: installed printer software on another ubuntu computer. I got this weird error about not having the lexmark JRE something installed. I Googled "JRE" and apparently it means "Java Runtime Environment." I went to the Ubuntu Software Repository, downloaded the Java Runtime Environment, and the printer installation went great.
    Last edited by heyandy889; February 2nd, 2011 at 01:44 AM. Reason: added edit section about JRE