Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: your thought on the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA)

Beans

Re: your thought on the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA)

Quote Originally Posted by sydbat View Post
    WOW! What becomes illegal in the US next? Breathing? "I'm sorry, but we have made breathing of your own accord illegal and if you do not cease and desist, we will sue you and/or throw you in jail".

I mean, how do you make a number (or numbers apparently) illegal? Might as well make the alphabet illegal too. And don't forget all the characters like !&*$%#@ etc. Can't wait for the thought police to show up at my door...
    Breathing illegal? Well, yes, in a sort, and in time: regulated, as in Carbon Tax...

Beans

Re: ACTA and what it will do to Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozillaaa View Post
    Enemies of the US? Who do you consider this to be?

There's a reason that the term 'enemies foreign and domestic' appears in the Declaration of Independence.

Know from where Rome fell? WITHIN.
    Of course, many of the founding fathers recognized the possibility that we might elect a new king. They had just been through a nasty little war to get rid of one king already and (most of them) wanted to prevent that. Thats why the USA has the 3 branches of government, to try and seperate out the power as much as possible and prevent someone (president, senator, congressman) from obtaining "temporary emergency powers" that are never disbanded (I'll make no comment on politicians who may have attempted/done this despite the constitution).
    Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
    Free Moonbase Commander remake @ http://code.google.com/p/tether

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

the ACTA makes everybody criminals.
    Registered Linux user,number 507113.02-01-2013: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO 785G |Athlon 2 X4 640|4 GiB DDR|1 TiB SATA2|Radeon HD 6570(HDMI)|Realtek 7.1 HDMI audio|Gigabit Lan|Kubuntu 12.10 Quanzal AMD64

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Chame_Wizard View Post
    the ACTA makes everybody criminals.
    Except me, because I'm perfect.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516