Thread: Orange County South

Beans

Orange County South

2 quick questions:

1) What is LoCo? I was wondering why you have so many forums for it.

2) Is there a team in the Orange County area, including, but not limited to, Lake Forest and Mission Viejo?

Beans

Re: Orange County South

Quote Originally Posted by k64 View Post
    2 quick questions:

1) What is LoCo? I was wondering why you have so many forums for it.

2) Is there a team in the Orange County area, including, but not limited to, Lake Forest and Mission Viejo?
    Hey Kenny,

A LoCo is a Local Community of Ubuntu users and advocates. There are many forums because there is a team for every country, as well as every state in the United States.

There is a pretty good distribution throughout the state, but there are several events in Orange County. I go to school at Chapman University in Orange, and we've held many events here.

How long have you been using Ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Sorry I'm under a different name and different account now. I have been using Ubuntu since Hardy, and Linux in general even before that. However, now that I have a wireless network adapter that works out of the box, I don't have to worry about anything being incompatible with it for any longer.

I changed my username because I wanted to be called by my real name instead of the old pseudonym that originally created, due to (primarily) a change in feelings about privacy.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Strawn View Post
    Sorry I'm under a different name and different account now. I have been using Ubuntu since Hardy, and Linux in general even before that. However, now that I have a wireless network adapter that works out of the box, I don't have to worry about anything being incompatible with it for any longer.

I changed my username because I wanted to be called by my real name instead of the old pseudonym that originally created, due to (primarily) a change in feelings about privacy.
    Rock on, that's cool. I'm glad to hear that it's working out for you

Are you familiar with IRC, by any chance? We hold our meeting in our chatroom every two weeks, and that's where the majority of our planning takes place. We also have a mailing list, and subscribing to that will let you keep on top of what's going on.

Would you be interested in helping plan (or even just attending) some events locally?