Thread: Can't Edit or Add Startup Programs

Beans

Can't Edit or Add Startup Programs

I'd like you to know that I'm completely new to ubuntu. Just install it a couple of days ago.

I have a bit problem with startup here, everytime I change anything in System > Preferences > Startup Applications it just keep coming back to default. I unchecked Penmount Utility, and it's checked again after next boot. Same thing happen when I add Guake Terminal. When I reboot, it's not there anymore.

So basically, it seems that I can't configure my startup programs.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Can't Edit or Add Startup Programs

I'm not sure about the guake terminal (never used that), but if you have Penmount at startup, you probably have quite a special hardware. It could help to know what hardware is it.
    A tablet pc, I guess?
    What's even more important than free software? - OPEN FORMATS.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

I am experiencing the same issue. I want to stop Maximus. I uncheck it, I login and out, reboot entirely even, and boom it's still checked and running on startup.

Beans
    Hidden!

I've experienced this problem too. The way to fix it is to change the ~/.config/autostart folder from root permissions to user permissions.

Open a terminal an type

Code:
    sudo chown -R $USERNAME $HOME/.config
    Enter your password and hit return. Now you should be able to add and remove programs from in the Startup Applications Preferences.

$USERNAME is a variable for your username and $HOME is a variable for the location of your home folder.