Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A GStreamer error has occured in Jokosher

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

A GStreamer error has occured in Jokosher

Hi,

Every time I try to record something in Jokosher I get this error message: "The stream is in the wrong format.
    gstbasesrc.c(2522): gst_base_src_start (): /GstPipeline:timeline/GstBinlaybackbin/GstBin:Click_Track_Bin/GstAudioTestSrc:Click_Track_AudioSource:
    Check your filtered caps, if any"

I'm using Linux Mint 7 Standard. I'm trying to set Jokosher up to work with Jack. Can anyone point me in a general direction toward getting this resolved? I'm really lost on this one.

Thanks,

Tim

Beans

Re: A GStreamer error has occured in Jokosher

When I'm try playback the track record somethings wrong with the jokosher. it says "GStreamer encountered a general resource error. If this problem persists consider reporting a bug using the link in the help menu."

I try jokosher with my Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala. Has anyone know to solve this problem

Beans
    Distro

same problem here.
    Whenever posting a question, don't forget to place tags on them.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Really? Nobody knows?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Check this bug if you have playback problems; make sure to add yourself as an affected person if it applies:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/jokosher/+bug/405056

Consider joining #jokosher on irc.freenode.net if you want more help. Post any results here please.

Thanks,

Tim

Beans

i have the same problem and i have search in multi forums, no one have any idea about this, i have back to the bugs, also no answer, i think now the program is under developing as i read in many replies in many froums ...

any body tell us any more new news ..

Regards to all,
    Abdulatif Mahgoub

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I received the same gstreamer error. I noticed that ALSA was not an option in the playback or recording sound system preferences, yet my computer uses the ALSA sound system. I know that gstreamer has many plugins for compatibility with different sound systems and that gstreamer0.10-alsa was not installed on my computer. I installed gstreamer0.10-alsa and now audio works in Jokosher. I hope this helps.

By the way, I'm running Kubuntu 10.10.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Some 12 months ago the project announced, that Jokosher works with Jack. Since Jack is the gold-standard for musicians under Linux whatsoever, this should have solved all basic problems as those discussed here.

12 months...

I warmly recommend to have a close look upon Ardour -- you will find that its "overwhelming complicity" is a myth.

Beans

if you record something and you cant hear it (like in my case) then do the following:

1.open jokosher
    2.go to edit
    3.click preferences
    4.under 'playback sound system' pick Autodetect'

that should detect ur playback driver and play it automatically

it worked for me,hope it works for you too

Beans

Well, same problem. And as I can see it will not go away, since none seems to care any more... too bad because I think it worked like a charm in previous versions (I run 11.04) and I don't want to hear all the time "...yes but linux doesn't have the programs mac do..."

Found a way to somehow pass this error. Set your recording system at custom and then you can rec any instrument you want. BUT be careful if you want to rec again DO NOT rec upon your first recordings or Jokosher will crash. Delete the previous recs or move them.
    Last edited by defis; May 21st, 2011 at 04:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast