Thread: How to make WLAN load/launch on bootup?

Question How to make WLAN load/launch on bootup?

Hi!

This is probably not much of a hardship, for you elite ppl out there. However, since I'm not all that experienced, it's bugging me atm. Now, check this out.

When I push the power button on my oldisch Thinkpad X30 which I have just installed Ubuntu 9.10 on, I have entered "Power Management" and had "close lid" action become "Blank screen", due to the fact that I'm not all that much at the laptop psysically, but use it more or less like on server basis, ie. putty connect from my stationary computer.

However, as I would like it to be possible to turn on my laptop, close the lid sort of instantly, and go to my stationary computer and wait for the approx. launchtime, and then connect, it just won't work. I get mad frustrated and goes back to the laptop. It's on GNOME login-screen. I login, and then shut the lid.

NOW(!) I can connect remotely. Hence, it seems like it connects to WLAN only after logging in. Where do a novice guy change this behavior?

Beans

Re: How to make WLAN load/launch on bootup?

You could turn on auto login, unless security is an issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: How to make WLAN load/launch on bootup?

What works for me is to enable the network connection available for all users, there's a check box I believe in network manager applet.

Talking Re: How to make WLAN load/launch on bootup?

Nice going mehturt, that checkbox option apparently solved my problem Regards~

PS/
    My apologizes @mod/adms, I now realized there was actually a Network/WLAN subforum, where this thread should have been posted originally. Sorry for that, feel free to move it. /DS