Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question of incredible importance affecting every English-speaking user of Unbuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: A question of incredible importance affecting every English-speaking user of Unbu

My first time across the pond and fellow asked for one of my fags. I damn near punched him.
    It's okay, I'm a limo driver

pwnst*r is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!

Re: A question of incredible importance affecting every English-speaking user of Unbu

lol!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by lisati View Post
    My "favourite" is to question why someone would want to kick my donkey.....
    Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by MooPi View Post
    My first time across the pond and fellow asked for one of my fags. I damn near punched him.
    Don't be so stingy with your fags!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy the Headcrab View Post
    Oh dear.

Don't be so stingy with your fags!
    I bet he's from Cali. I know they're pretty stingy with theirs.

I heard they have a law now where you can only enjoy them in the privacy of your own home (or in your car, with the windows rolled up).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Isn't Queen's English is the original English language. After all American was formally from England right. We are a former British Colony country and so we speak the language. I notice even spelling are a bit different like colour and color, odor and odour. If I were to study in US I will fail my spelling test and a pass in Britain. Lets not make it anymore difficult.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The UK and the US are two nations divided by a common language, according to Oscar Wilde, or George Bernard Shaw, or even Winston Churchill depending on where you it look up.

You should try coming over to Australia, where you can ask your spunky mate if you can wear his thongs without having to worry about being punched in the face.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Heres yer sighn.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    I've been an English speaker for my entire life.
    One who hasn't yet mastered the spelling of "Ubuntu", judging by your title line ...

[quoue]I look to you, my fellow Ubuntu users, to resolve any potential conflict. Thank you for your time, and best of luck.[/quote]

Ah, you got there eventually. Add "Ubuntu" to your spell-checker's dictionary and all will be well

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

English is a mess basically! Try teaching it to foreigners some time, and you'll find out just how nuts it is. What with bits borrowed from a variety of sources there's no logic to it, and the idioms mostly make no sense (though that's common accross all languages).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd King View Post
    English is a mess basically! Try teaching it to foreigners some time, and you'll find out just how nuts it is. What with bits borrowed from a variety of sources there's no logic to it, and the idioms mostly make no sense (though that's common accross all languages).
    Speak for yourself I'm not a native English speaker, but I love the language because it is such a patchwork of other languages. Sure, it makes it a little bit difficult to learn at times, but, on the other hand, there are always delightful phrases, idioms and words to learn. The history of the language and the words just makes it greater (all the French loans are kind of boring, but the older words and structures, coming from various Celtic and Germanic sources, are more interesting).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12