Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: single click mistakenly registers as a double click

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

single click mistakenly registers as a double click

Guys, I'm on Karmic with a stock Dell Inspiron 530 and my mouse is experiencing a very strange problem. A good number of left mouse button single clicks are registering as double clicks. It sometimes happens, sometimes not, and is really getting annoying. Any tips?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: single click mistakenly registers as a double click

I have a Dell Vostro 200 desktop with a corded Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical USB mouse and am seeing the same issue. It didn't happen for the first few weeks I had Karmic installed, but started happening after upgrading some packages. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what caused the issue.

James78 is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!

Same here. Nothing was wrong, upgraded some packages today, and suddenly my mouse double clicks and even triple clicks at random times (find out how many clicks by using a calculator).

I tryed many variations of an Xorg configuration, using "CorePointer", NOTHING has worked so far. This is really frustrating. Any ideas anyone?

I'm using a Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse. Logitech Cordless Desktop LX 310 Laser to be specific....
    Last edited by James78; January 10th, 2010 at 02:29 PM.

Beans

Just wanted to add that I'm having the same issue. Maybe 5-20% of my single-clicks are being registered as double clicks. Very annoying when things open and close (or worse) unintentionally.

Looked around and there are some people that played with Xorg settings. For what it's worth, I disabled Compiz and am running the Ubuntu 9.10 x86-64 (Gnome Desktop). I'm using a laser USB mouse that doesn't seem to be the problem. Would greatly appreciate any insight into this very frustrating problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

So I guess I am not crazy! I too have this issue and thought perhaps my Logitech VX Nano mouse had fallen to the floor a few too many times recently. :-/

This is on a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit.

Hopefully a solid resolution comes soon, cause it will suck mighty if double clicks occur at precisely the wrong times when I am doing school work and programming. :-/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Angry Re: single click mistakenly registers as a double click

Iv had this problem off and on many many times. Always after an update. That means regression

There is no real workaround other than switching to left hand mouse in the mouse settings. We just wait and hope they unbreak it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRage View Post
    So I guess I am not crazy! I too have this issue and thought perhaps my Logitech VX Nano mouse had fallen to the floor a few too many times recently. :-/

This is on a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit.

Hopefully a solid resolution comes soon, cause it will suck mighty if double clicks occur at precisely the wrong times when I am doing school work and programming. :-/
    Yeah, I'm programming right now.. it's so frustrating I could cry.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

My Razer DeathAdder just started doing this. Forgive me for re-hashing an old thread, but was there ever a solution?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

RE Timtro: I didn't find a solution in karmic (9.10), but when I upgraded to lucid (10.04), the problem seems to have gone away.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by igf1 View Post
    Yeah, I'm programming right now.. it's so frustrating I could cry.
    Haha! Yeah it is a bit nuts when you go to double click on a word and wind up with like 20k lines highlighted and then some.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast