Thread: Marketing efforts

Beans

Marketing efforts

I was wondering what kind of marketing efforts are going on here in Atlanta to push the word out about Ubuntu. I have recently started using Ubuntu on one of my computers at home and am very pleased with it. I've worked with some marketing promotions before and would like to put my experience to use. If anybody has any projects they need help with or any ideas hit me up and we can see what we can get rolling.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Marketing efforts

Have you thought about contributing to some of the projects of SpreadUbuntu? There's a link to the webpage in my sig.
    US Army Band Veteran
    Bodybuilding Crew

Beans

I did look at the SpreadUbuntu page and saw the marketing materials, They were pretty impressive and professional looking. However, most of the links on that page are dead. I was looking more for an organized marketing effort with a team of other likeminded individuals

I'll use those materials to the best of my ability and hopefully have something to report back soon.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

What links are broken?

I administrate the site. I'm echowarp on launchpad. If you could message me or fill out some bug reports on our launchpad page I could fix them.

Is there a way we could expand in functionality that would make it more useful for you?
    I run an open source inventing website: http://neomenlo.org, which currently is hosting SpreadUbuntu

Beans

There's not really a specific effort to market Ubuntu in the state of Georgia as far as I know; however, there is the Ubuntu Marketing Team (whom is primarily responsible for SpreadUbuntu, I believe, correct me if I'm wrong).