Thread: GRUB loading error: no such partition

Beans

fix GRUB loading error: no such partition go to last page

thanks every body

Beans

Re: GRUB loading error: no such partition

Quote Originally Posted by rahat_420 View Post
    insert your winxp disc and boot from cd/dvd
    the select the partition in which ubuntu is installed.
    it will say you can't install winxp in this partition.then go back and delete the ubuntu partition and press f3 to quit installation and restart your computer.waaalaaaaaaaaaaaa
    I was unable to do this a few days ago because the external optical disk drive was broke.

It came back today, I installed the Windows XP factory CD from another computer but never installed anything (I just let it load the windows files) for the net-book because like I said before the Windows installation was still there.

Now it's back up and running Windows Vista again and it's boot loader. I wont be taking the risk of installing anything Linux on this net-book again (or anything that does not have a built in disk drive) that is for sure.

Thanks for all your support.

Beans

Exclamation Re: GRUB loading error: no such partition

Hi, I am new to linux, I have an ASUS G73, with Windows 7 64bit. I tried putting ubuntu on side by side, and succeeded, however I had no idea how to use it, and ultimately ended up deleting the taskbar by accident. I figured I would try again the next day so I went back into windows and reformatted the partition that ubuntu was on. The next day I turned on my computer, and got the following error message:

error: no such partition
    grub rescue>

Same as most people on this thread. Now I have spent the last couple of days searching for a solution to this, the best one seems to be to use the windows install disk, and have the windows bootlogger override grub. However I am stuck on one thing...

HOW DO I BOOT FROM THE INSTALL DISK IF THE ONLY THING I SEE ON MY SCREEN IS:

error: no such partition
    grub rescue>

I have no clue how to boot from the disk from this grub error screen.

Please help.

[UPDATE] Ok, so I configured BIOS to boot from the DVD drive, and I booted up my windows 7 install disk, I got to the command prompt and entered:

bootrec.exe/fixboot

and

bootrec.exe/fixmbr

I exited the command prompt, hit restart, and removed my install disk. When it restarted, it asks to hit a key to boot off the disk, so I restart again and reconfigured BIOS to load from the hard disk. Ok, now here is where my problem is; when I start the computer, it just has a flashing underscore, goes down a line, and then shows a little orange rectangle... what the hell?!?!
    Last edited by errornosuchpartition; September 6th, 2010 at 03:38 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234