Thread: No scrolling via Touchpad on Sony Vaio

Beans

No scrolling via Touchpad on Sony Vaio

Hi all! I am using a Sony Vaio SVE1711C5E with Ubuntu 12.04. The only problem I am having is that scrolling is not possible through the touchpad. Usually vertical scrolling will be triggered, if you move along the right side of the touchpad. That is not the case for me.

Just after installing Ubuntu the scrolling DID work. At that time however right-clicking was not possible. After a short research on the forums, I found two commands that would solve my problem of right-clicking. Unfortunately I do not remember the exact commands. They were similar to the following:

Code:
    sudo su -
    echo options psmouse proto=exps > /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.conf
    And after using that commands, right-clicking worked but vertical scrolling would no longer work. Additionally the according point in the system settings disappeared and I can no longer make changes to the touchpad behavior.

I would be very glad if you guys could help me with that problem. I'm totally willing to reinstall Ubuntu or make the switch to another version if that helps my odds to get the touchpad working.

One last note: The above "Code" is taken from: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2158269. This is basically a repost of that thread. But since this is not an ASUS-related problem I felt the thread to be in the wrong place. Besides the old title really sucked.

Beans

Re: No scrolling via Touchpad on Sony Vaio

Unfortunately the problem is still unsolved... I would be very happy if anyone had an idea...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by torteloni View Post
    Unfortunately the problem is still unsolved... I would be very happy if anyone had an idea...
    Sorry torteloni, I have no idea how to solve your problem.

However I have a tip - it is quite in order in the forums for you to bump your thread every 24 hours and by varying that by a few hours each time your problem may be seen by someone in a different time zone. Eventually of course you wouldn't go on doing this indefinitely.

This would be better than waiting for two weeks again.

All the best -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkinCat View Post
    However I have a tip - it is quite in order in the forums for you to bump your thread every 24 hours and by varying that by a few hours each time your problem may be seen by someone in a different time zone. Eventually of course you wouldn't go on doing this indefinitely.

This would be better than waiting for two weeks again.
    Okay, I will try this then.

So just to let youall now: The problem is still unsolved...

Beans

Push once more. =)