Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP OfficeJet 6310 All in one Printing stops in midway

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

HP OfficeJet 6310 All in one Printing stops midway during print job

Hi,

I have had good success with the HP OfficeJet 6310 printing and Karmic. However, recently when printing, the print job stops after a certain amount of pages ( when printing a multiple page document ). The first page almost always prints immediately. This issue occurs with PDFs, OO Writer documents and OO Spreadsheet documents. The printer status window on the printer shows "printing" and the print manager in Gnome shows printing. Sometimes the printing completes after several minutes. Other times I end up killing the job and powering down the printer.
    Thanks..
    Last edited by mickcalcara; September 15th, 2010 at 10:10 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: HP OfficeJet 6310 All in one Printing stops in midway

bump... I am still having this problem. I installed the HP Linux Imaging and Printing manager ( HLIP ) which I thought had helped but I am still having issues with print jobs completing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hey dude! I have one of those all in one HP printers too (a C5580 photosmart). My problem: it was spitting out paper, but with a log of errors printed instead. So I went to "printers" and deleted it off the list, and reinstalled the printer drivers, using ubuntu's program. After I did that, everything worked fine.

So first off, you're wired right, USB? You're not connecting through bluetooth or LAN are you?

Secondly, did you install ubuntu's drivers for it, or did you go to HP's site and install them?

And one more thing. Is this a recent problem; did it work fine before and now it's acting up, or has it always been like this?

Okay...that's the best I can do for now. Let us know how it goes! Good luck!
    Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
    Wine 1.1.36
    Pentium4 Dual-Core 2.9GHZ
    nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for the reply. to answer your questions:

1. It is USB.
    2. I have done both. I started off using installing the printer without HPLIP then after I had these problems I installed HPLIP.
    3. I have had intermittent problems ( before Karmic ) but now they are more frequent.

I always appears to print the first page without a problem. The second page gets half way complete before it stops. It then either never finishes or takes about twenty minutes and then resumes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mickcalcara View Post
    Thanks for the reply. to answer your questions:

1. It is USB.
    2. I have done both. I started off using installing the printer without HPLIP then after I had these problems I installed HPLIP.
    3. I have had intermittent problems ( before Karmic ) but now they are more frequent.

I always appears to print the first page without a problem. The second page gets half way complete before it stops. It then either never finishes or takes about twenty minutes and then resumes.
    How about trying to print each page on its own one at a time. It could be the printer.

Hard to diagnose.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by philinux View Post
    How about trying to print each page on its own one at a time. It could be the printer.

Hard to diagnose.
    Hey good idea phil! Yeah mick I'd try that first. Try printing one page, and then if that goes fine print two. How many pages can it print before it starts acting up?
    Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
    Wine 1.1.36
    nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS

Beans

Found a solution!
    Visited http://hplipopensource.com
    Downloaded the correct and updated driver, followed the installer instructions.
    Made sure i had all dependencies. Whamo! It was fixed.
    What a nightmare it has been and now i'm done with it.

Hope this helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Awesome, nice work! Mark this sucker as solved!
    Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
    Wine 1.1.36
    nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS

Beans
    Distro

I have the latest version of HPLIP and still have the issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I also have this problem with a hp officejet 6310. It prints the first page of a document and stops partway through the second page.

I had the problem with hpijs 3.9.8 and now with the most recent driver from the hp website, hpcups 3.10.2

Is there any more information that I could provide that might help diagnose this problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast