Thread: instalation ubuntu impossible :permission denied

Beans

instalation ubuntu impossible :permission denied

Happy new year to all
    Im newer in ubuntu i try to install ubuntu 9.10 in my Laptop HP DV5 Core2Duo 4Go Ram rin Windows 7 32bits and in Disc C: already windows 7 install on then i want install the both in th same HDD, like the same operation i make it in my Desktop Dell and it work perfectly, but now i have a error message please see Screenshot :
    please help me
    and I try to boot from CD and install Ubunto also i have screen black with 1000 ligne error

for log see attached
    I need realy your help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Re: instalation ubuntu impossible :permission denied

Nobody can help me ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi & welcome to the forums,

I'm not familiar with Wubi, however it looks to me that the user trying to install Wubi does not have the required privalidges. Have you tried it using the admin user ? (I think it's right click the install icon, then select "Run as administrator" (or run as a different user, then select administrator)

Regards,

Phill.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Also check what permissions you have in Windows. ( I not a user of Windows)

Beans

Very Thanks for your reply
    Yes I make right click the install icon, then I select "Run as administrator"
    THe Probleme is Also when I boot from CD and try to install Ubuntu its take a long time (15min) and after just black screen with 1.000 linges and in the end a lot of linges error u can see a log file;
    and i have install Ubuntu the same CD in one Old PC desktop old DELL P4 2.8 and all is good and easy and fast but in this Laptop HP DV5 Core 2 Duo I can't;
    any idea please

Beans

I'm waiting for solution please or any idea
    if dont have any solution i think i'll change this HP laptop because I hate work
    on windows and i realy like ubuntu

Beans

Please I waiting your Help

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi! I saw you were using Wubi. Seems like you had exactly the same problems I had. Good call running as an administrator. The install WILL take a long time (it took me upwards of an hour, but it runs fine.) If it just black-screens, though, try mounting the iso to another cd at a slower burn rate (I used 4x when I did it.) That should help things along. Otherwise, it sound like what you are doing is right, though it's quite aggravatingly slow, I agree.
    Linux hath descended forth from thy hand; that sudo shall quickly carry out thy command. We shall pour forth a river to thee; and teeming with kernels shall it ever be. In nomine Torvald, et User, et Spiritus 'Buntu.