Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know of a good movie organizer?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Anyone know of a good movie organizer?

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    On my system, it crashes fluxbox. I haven't tried it in gnome as of yet, but unless it works in fluxbox, it doesn't work for me.
    "Not a window in the house but somehow there's more light..."

Linux Power Tools

Beans

It's a windows app but look into ember media manager. I run a virtual machine purely for that app, it's works really really good (it's designed to use along with xbmc)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

hi there, try using Data Crow from sourceforge. I used it when I was using windows, but am now a newbie on linux, and as such haven't quite figured out how to install it on linux. It lets you create a data base of vitually anything you want. Give it a try, it's easy to use, the result is great, and you can export, back up etc. Good luck,
    embra55 [ronnie]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

allo Skyler0,

have you try Griffith,

in add/remove

http://www.griffith.cc/

"Griffith is a media collection manager application. Adding items to the collection is as quick and easy as typing the film title and selecting a supported source. Griffith will then try to fetch all the related information from the Web."

plaisir

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks for the replies

I've recently been using MeD's Movie Manager. It seems to work pretty well, supports Linux and Windows, and supports SQL databases. It also has a static html export for movie listings.

I ended up creating a couple php pages and using the sql database it creates, created a dynamic webpage to list the movies along with the program itself which is a little more powerful at the moment.

The only issue I have now is pretty much just the fact that the cover isn't stored in the SQL, just a location, and thus I need to update the covers manually *sadface*

But, it gets the job done and I'm happy with it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I know this is hella late but you can always run Ember Media Manager...

http://www.embermm.com/boards/2/topics/837?r=1196
    Registered Linux User: #497903
    Registered Machine: #409608
    Ubuntu User: #29195
    Ubuntu Forums User: #929105

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Even though this thread has been down for a long time, I think that posting a new reply here would be more constructive than starting a new thread.

I am looking for a video organizer in which I can put different TV series present on my computer under different categories (airing, pending, canceled to give a few examples) without having those changes imposed on the hard disk drive on a directory level.

This would be a great improvement on my current method, since I use Unison to sync my computer once in a while, and you can imagine how irritating it can be to see one folder go from one directory to another, and then back again with the next sync.

I hope I'm not too vague.
    "As my tutor, old bubbleface, used to say:"make love and be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease."" Rowan Atkinson als The Black Adder

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by madeinfamous View Post
    allo Skyler0,

have you try Griffith,

in add/remove

http://www.griffith.cc/

"Griffith is a media collection manager application. Adding items to the collection is as quick and easy as typing the film title and selecting a supported source. Griffith will then try to fetch all the related information from the Web."

plaisir
    +1

I use Griffith it does everything I need, it is certainly well worth a look:

http://griffith.cc/index.php?option=...d=27&Itemid=35

Though I will eventually use Haiku to manage my media, as the Haiku file system is brilliant, it has the built in ability to simply set up a database using its inherent functions of Filetypes, Attributes, Index and Queries. Here is a link to tutorial which may or may not wet your appetite for R1 of Haiku:

http://www.haiku-os.org/docs/usergui...ttributes.html
    Last edited by handy; July 7th, 2011 at 11:39 AM.

Beans
    Distro

How should I look at it?

I mean, is it a program in which I add films and episodes of TV series by adding the actual files to the program, or do I create items in the same way I would do with a book? That is, merely adding the data (title, year and so on).

because I am specifically looking for a program in which I can insert all the folders (or all files), and categorize them according to whether they are still airing, on hiatus, unsure or other criteria.

Best case scenario would be if I could actually add files to the folders through the program, so that I can avoid Nautilus as much as possible, because I don't want to change the directories too much, and having a lot of folders without categorization is pretty messy.
    "As my tutor, old bubbleface, used to say:"make love and be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease."" Rowan Atkinson als The Black Adder

Beans
    Distro

Bump

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast