Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to improve Sudan loco team ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question How to improve Sudan loco team ?

could you share your ideas with me ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How to improve Sudan loco team ?

salam everyone
    How to improve sudan loco team? nice question zero-n.
    to answer your question i need to know what are the goals/purpose/mission of our team?
    are we here to:
    -just hang out, meet new sudanese users and have fun.
    -spread the word of ubuntu among sudanese people.
    - give technical support to the team members.
    - provide translations/trjma for ubuntu, i mean to help non english sudanese users.

maybe we are here for all of that, if so, i think we are in the right direction, but we miss few things, what are the missing ingredients ? those would be(in my own opinion ,and feel free to disagree with them) the following:
    -i think we should communicate in arabic, and even use our sudanes dialect/lahja.though this will be difficult for me because am using english keyboard .
    -direct members/new members of the team to ask for technical support(when we all dont know the solution for it or when it is not related to our internet service providers) to its dedicated sections of the ubuntuforums. because they will more likely to get help faster.and thats why this forum is about.and from my experience this community is what makes ubuntu so great OS. and they/new members deserve to feel that for themselves.
    -i dont know how we can spread the word of ubuntu among sudanese people,its shame. because i think ubuntu will make more sense to them than the other operating systems we use,because its free(just to name few reasons)...i think we should help each other with ideas to accomplish this.
    -make use of the irc channel of our team.#ubuntu-sd. and show people how to get there.

m3lesh braitkom shadeed, kan momkn abrakom aktr mn kida lkn ur lucky, 3indi moshwar.
    m3lish 3li algramatical mistakes, inshaaallah tgdro tfhamo klami zi ma ana gasdaho.

thank you all so much for the opportunity.
    Last edited by ejlal; December 29th, 2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: i want to add more comments

Beans
    Distro

am laughing at my self now, just saw this pagehttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/SudanTeam , i always knew i love talking, i didnt know i love writing too. :d
    sorry guys i didnt read the team sticky thread well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi Eljal,

Thanks for responding to my thread.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by ejlal View Post
    How to improve sudan loco team? nice question zero-n.
    to answer your question i need to know what are the goals/purpose/mission of our team?
    are we here to:
    -just hang out, meet new sudanese users and have fun.
    -spread the word of ubuntu among sudanese people.
    -give technical support to the team members.
    -provide translations/trjma for ubuntu, i mean to help non english sudanese users.
    I think all of these points are good, but the part of spreading the Ubuntu won't be easy.

-i think we should communicate in arabic, and even use our sudanes dialect/lahja.though this will be difficult for me because am using english keyboard .

I agree with you about writing in Arabic , but Sudanese dialect no way ( not all arabic users understands Sudanese dialect very well ) we all know Arabic so i prefer it.

My keyboard is English too (bad for me).

-direct members/new members of the team to ask for technical support(when we all dont know the solution for it or when it is not related to our internet service providers) to its dedicated sections of the ubuntuforums. because they will more likely to get help faster.and thats why this forum is about.and from my experience this community is what makes ubuntu so great OS. and they/new members deserve to feel that for themselves.

Nothing to say about this point but i don't get what you mean from (when it is not related to our internet service providers)

-i dont know how we can spread the word of ubuntu among sudanese people,its shame. because i think ubuntu will make more sense to them than the other operating systems we use,because its free(just to name few reasons)...i think we should help each other with ideas to accomplish this.
    This point is so interesting. i think we should make clear that :

- Ubuntu is ease to work with ( Full sets of application )
    - Ubuntu is not using CLI only ( alot of them believe Linux is only black screen CLI OS).
    - Ubuntu can run alot of Windows application using Wine, some people don't want to dump their non-free or free but not open-source application.
    - Ubuntu is secure ( no viruses , permissions system , etc .....)
    - All application are free so no need to pay money or use illegal copies.
    - Bugs are fixed regularly.
    - Source is open so you know what is going on behind the window i mean the walls not like others.
    - Give them a CD as a gift to try it ( liveCD is not bad as begining ).
    - Write a full topic about how to work with internet modems in Sudan (CanarGO,Sudani,Zain) it is very important.
    - Try to spread Ubuntu in universities it is amazing environment to Ubuntu to grow. (I met my lovely disotro there )
    - Make frequently asked questions as Sticky we need a help from Y2J in this.
    - make a Ubuntu Sudan magazine ( need alot of work and experience ).

If you find more just add it.

-make use of the irc channel of our team.#ubuntu-sd. and show people how to get there.

Is the channel is still there .( i am not so familiar with IRC)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late response

Beans
    Distro

hey zero-n!
    i really wanted to using the quoting thing but i didn't get how that's work
    -about the internet service providers thing, i meant to say we will be more helpful at it than others.
    -the channel is still there, i checked it hours ago, its empty.
    you will need to google how to register and get connected because i really dont remember howto,( stupid right?)
    about spreading the word, your suggestions are great. some are not applicable for me though (finished college, alhamdollillah )
    i had a great talk with a computer teacher today. will tell u about it another day, the sum of it.he thinks it will take ages to get sudanese to use linux . (i was asking him why he teach employers windows instead of linux)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

سلااااام

برى الاخت اجلال جميل ومرتب وفى محلو

اما بالنسبة لنقاطو
    -الزول يغير الكيبورد او اضعف الايمان يلصق ستيكر لغة عربية
    -النقطةة التانية ما واضحة
    -اما الانتشار فبياخد زمن طويل بس فى امل انو ينتشر خصوصا مع كل اصدار جديد ببقى اسهل اكتر

اما نقاط الاخ zero-n
    بالنسبة للوضوح والسهولة وعدم وجود الفيروسات وتشغيل برامج الوندوز فهى فعلا بتجزب الناس للتجربة
    think totally different

Beans
    Distro

@mhmdfoss bri, int shoft 7aja ana bs konta most3jila o alenglizi ma moshji3 :d
    changing the keyboard in not an option for me, am using a notebook, but inshaallah i will try to get arabic stickers as soon as i find where to get it. until then i will keep posting in english, so forgive me.
    bye.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

ممكن تلقى الاستيكر فى معظم المكتبات تقريبا

good luck
    think totally different

Beans
    Distro

salam 3alikom

am qouting zero-n

- Give them a CD as a gift to try it ( liveCD is not bad as begining ).
    dont give them ur usb sticks, u wont get it back. (
    - Write a full topic about how to work with internet modems in Sudan (CanarGO,Sudani,Zain) it is very important.
    since u made this suggestion, and i really think it will be very useful, why not start a thread and we will try all to contribute and then someone edits it and have it as sticky thread, ofcourse we will need help from our moderator, mr.W2J
    - make a Ubuntu Sudan magazine ( need alot of work and experience ).
    do u think there will be time or resources for such a thing? i really think this is out of my scope.
    - Ubuntu is ease to work with ( Full sets of application )
    - Ubuntu is not using CLI only ( alot of them believe Linux is only black screen CLI OS).
    - Ubuntu can run alot of Windows application using Wine, some people don't want to dump their non-free or free but not open-source application.
    - Ubuntu is secure ( no viruses , permissions system , etc .....)
    - All application are free so no need to pay money or use illegal copies.
    - Bugs are fixed regularly.
    - Source is open so you know what is going on behind the window i mean the walls not like others.

Last edited by ejlal; December 30th, 2009 at 12:48 PM. Reason: i need to say i was qouting zero-n

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by mhmdfoss View Post
    الزول يغير الكيبورد او اضعف الايمان يلصق ستيكر لغة عربية
    The above squares is the quoting of :
    الزول يغير الكيبورد او اضعف الايمان يلصق ستيكر لغة عربية

So Arabic problem is not only by stickers we have to consider ( right to left support and quoting issues)

but writing in English will driver Sudanese people away from us.

do u think there will be time or resources for such a thing? i really think this is out of my scope.
    I mean a digital magazine not printed and i think we have time for it but not now cause we need to get more experience.

i really wanted to using the quoting thing but i didn't get how that's work
    How to quote:

[*quote=username;usernumber] bla bla bla [/quote]

without the * i but it so the forum do consider a quote
    Last edited by zero-n; December 30th, 2009 at 05:37 PM. Reason: To add how to quote

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast