Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mount of filesystem failed...

Beans

Re: Mount of filesystem failed...

i got the same error but when i type in fsck, it won't work. it says /bin/sh : fsck: not found
    any help would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Im having a very similar problem, however mine doesnt even make it into a terminal, its a slimmed down version with very few possible commands to run. When i boot into the LiveCD and run fsck it appears taht it doesnt do anything, it jsut says something like "fsck from utils.ng soemthing something something" and it still fails to boot. Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

My laptop has no working battery, so when it's switched off, the bios time and date isn't correct. If I try and boot it without setting the time and date the file system fails to mount. Could be something as simple as your time and date in the bios?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantryMaster View Post
    My laptop has no working battery, so when it's switched off, the bios time and date isn't correct. If I try and boot it without setting the time and date the file system fails to mount. Could be something as simple as your time and date in the bios?
    Possibly for him but not for me, i have windows also on my machine which im forced to use at the moment and it is keeping time perfectly fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by escaleraroyal View Post
    i got the same error but when i type in fsck, it won't work. it says /bin/sh : fsck: not found
    any help would be appreciated.
    I dont know but it sounds like it could be busybox or maybe the grub bash-like shell.

See if you can cd /sbin and then try fsck from there.

Beans

"Fsck" worked for me too, Thanks fellas I was about to reinstal the OS.

Beans

Angry Re: Mount of filesystem failed...

Mmmm,
    Problem keeps coming back for me. I used the 'fsck' command a couple of times and things/inodes etc. seem to be fixed.

However still, during a session it seems the drive is lost/dismounted at some point. Programs won't start anymore and files cannot be read. Running Ubuntu from live CD give me all required access & functionality but in normal mode it is not stable.

Restarting using the 'fsck' command does help for a while, but problem comes back and seems to be something is structurally wrong.

I did a full memory test, no problem. Lately I added a 256MB ATI PCI videocard. Could this make it unstable? Removing it does not solve the problems.

Any suggestions?
    I think I go for a fresh install 10.4 when available!
    Good luck to you all

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantryMaster View Post
    This just worked for me.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWeng View Post
    Input the command 'fsck', this command will help you to fix all logic issue on your HD.
    And then 'reboot'.

James

Thanks very much, James. This has fixed it for me too. Much appreciated.

Peter

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12