Thread: If you thought Ubuntu 9.10 was bad...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If you thought Ubuntu 9.10 was bad...

...you should try the Ubuntu pens from the Ubuntu store.

I bought five and the little plastic clicky mechanism keeps breaking. Each one only lasted about a week.

A bit of a disappointment. I can't say they broke the bank, though. (even though I bought them before the price drop, grr). Everything else I bought is still going strong.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: If you thought Ubuntu 9.10 was bad...

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdalbum View Post
    Where did my installed program go? | Whatever you do, DON'T remove Network Manager, you can't get it back! | Don't uninstall Python; most of the Ubuntu system depends on it and you'll lose your GUI.
    Network-Manager is easy get back. If you just removed it from notification area on status bar, just remove and re-add the notification area from the status bar. (Right click and use the "- Remove from Panel" and "+ ADD")

As for not uninstalling Python, I would hope that the person doing it would notice and read all of the broken dependencies that that package manager will inform you of, before allowing you to remove the package!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by iponeverything View Post
    Network-Manager is easy get back. If you just removed it from notification area on status bar, just remove and re-add the notification area from the status bar. (Right click and use the "- Remove from Panel" and "+ ADD")
    Since i installed gnome-core (which doesn't have nm-applet, but has networkmanager) I have experience with this. NM-Applet will not manage your network connection.

As for the OP issue, I wouldn't buy them, I have my own 2 GB Pen Drive.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Can't say I find Ubuntu 9.10 bad, so your premise is wrong.

If you want really good pens you should check out what the pharmaceutical companies hand out. I have a ****** pen that hasn't failed me yet.
    Proud GNU/Linux zealot and lover of penguins
    "Value your freedom or you will lose it, teaches history." --Richard Stallman

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

My luck I'd get an EX-LAX pen

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by iponeverything View Post

As for not uninstalling Python, I would hope that the person doing it would notice and read all of the broken dependencies that that package manager will inform you of, before allowing you to remove the package!
    If you want to comment on my signature, please message me instead of bringing the thread off-topic. Also, it seems that people aren't reading the broken dependencies message; maybe they'll read my signature instead.

As for the OP issue, I wouldn't buy them, I have my own 2 GB Pen Drive.
    lol, I'm not talking about pen drives, I'm talking about pens! You know, the things you write with! Or in my case, attempt to write with, until the plastic mechanism breaks and the tip doesn't stay out.

Can't say I find Ubuntu 9.10 bad, so your premise is wrong.
    I like 9.10 too. Maybe if I hated 9.10, the pens would last longer.

I have a ****** pen that hasn't failed me yet.
    I'm surprised the forum's anti-spam filter didn't delete your message for mentioning Pfizer's product
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.