Thread: Cannot Bind Certain Keyboard Functions

Beans

Cannot Bind Certain Keyboard Functions

Before, I could always press the play/pause button on my keyboard to pause Rhythmbox. Now I cannot. Play/pause is bound to the key on my keyboard, and yet I cannot use it. In fact, if I bind the Volume Up function to the play/pause key, I can use the key to turn the volume up, and yet, no matter what I do, I cannot use it to pause and play Rhythmbox. My mute key is the same way. If I bind volume up to my mute key, I can turn the volume up with my mute key, but no key will be able to perform the mute function. This thing goes for the eject, next, previous, stop, mail, search, calculator, and home buttons. Additionally, even though my sleep key is disabled in the settings, pressing it on my computer will put my computer into sleep mode, from which I cannot get out of, unless I manually restart my computer. It's like Ubuntu 9.10 all over again! The only software that I have recently installed is Blender 2.49b, which I installed over Blender 2.48a. I am using Ubuntu 9.04. Please help! If there is any additional information that I need to provide, please say so! This is extremely frustrating, as there is absolutely no way that I can switch back to Windows.

Beans

Re: Cannot Bind Certain Keyboard Functions

I REALLY need this solved! This is extremely annoying, especially as it worked, then it didn't work! I am beginning to hate Ubuntu.

Beans

Re: Cannot Bind Certain Keyboard Functions

Well, it is randomly working now. I have no idea of how it started working again, though.