Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem Installing Gnome Shell

Beans

Re: Problem Installing Gnome Shell

I just tried on a fresh install and got stuck again it looks like I had some files left over from a previously successful build.

I got it working by copying these Pango files over from my other partition, SORRY 64bit ONLY I think:

Put the two .gir files in gnome-shell/install/share/gir-1.0

Put the two .typelib files in gnome-shell/install/lib64/girepository-1.0

Finally make a second copy of Pango-1.0.gir and put it in a different folder: gnome-shell/source/gir-repository/gir
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer" - Douglas Adams
    "The world is your lobster" - Arthur Daley

http://twitter.com/junkbit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I've managed to build on a machine which I'd previously had working, though I needed to remove the gnome-shell directory, .jhbuildrc and start from scratch.

However, on a clean karmic 32bit machine, it won't build. I don't seem to have anything called Pango*.gir at all in my gnome-shell tree.

Any suggestions?

-Mike.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCamel View Post
    I've managed to build on a machine which I'd previously had working, though I needed to remove the gnome-shell directory, .jhbuildrc and start from scratch.

However, on a clean karmic 32bit machine, it won't build. I don't seem to have anything called Pango*.gir at all in my gnome-shell tree.
    Oh, and though it builds, it won't run, so that's no good.

Beans

Talking Re: Problem Installing Gnome Shell

For those wanting to build it themselves, there's been a bug raised for gnome-shell. You can find it here:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=605724

The same thing happens on Fedora 12, which I use. Looking forward to it's being fixed, and being able to see the latest gnome-shell again. Loving it so far.
    Last edited by kamembe; January 11th, 2010 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Not sure the old message was accurate... didn't want to throw mud accidentally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12