Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ISO won't burn; what's wrong?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: ISO won't burn; what's wrong?

If you want to try a different burner ... reco a free cdburnerXP.

Try it. If it works, then you know infra was borked. If it does not work, then it 'could' be the optical drive.
    "The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it" .... A. Glasow

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: ISO won't burn; what's wrong?

I also tried burning the .iso file in a CD-RW 700MB but they recommended CD-R 700MB in the ubuntu website (the .iso file is just 695MB right?).
    I tried Nero burner, InfraRecorder, and even the default Windlose 7 image burner. But they all said "The data can't fit on the media (CD-RW)".
    Heck! Guess I need a CD-R but the nearby store ran out of CD-Rs so I went to www.pendrivelinux.com and followed the tutorials there to create a bootable flash drive with Karmic Koala. The steps are relatively easy to follow and booting from USB is not a problem on my PC. Installing Karmic on the hard drive is even faster using a flash drive.
    Try it out!
    The Philippine Team
    The best Ubuntu derivative: Linux Mint
    Relax. Head to the Community Cafe.

Beans

Arrow Re: ISO won't burn; what's wrong?

Update: Tried the new burn drive and it worked just fine. No defects or anything. Not sure about the interface yet, so I'll be making another disk for Kubuntu to see if I like that any better.

Thanks, everyone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12