Thread: Wine -- Could Not Launch Uninstall.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Question Wine -- Could Not Launch Uninstall.

I previously installed a game on my Ubuntu 9.10 box called "Hunting Unlimited 2009". It never worked properly, so I uninstalled it.

Now the game is gone from the system, but not completely. Under the Applications tab, when I go to Wine, under Programs it still lists "Hunting Unlimited 2009". I've tried uninstalling the game a second time but it gives me an error message stating "Could Not Launch Uninstall" and tells me the "C:\Program Files\Hunting Unlimited 2009" folder no longer exists.

So then I tried manually creating the missing folder in hopes that it would at least update the system and remove this from the menu, and when I try to uninstall it, it just hangs (of course, because the folder I created is empty but I thought I'd give it a try anyways).

Then I tried re-installing Wine (which works fine) but I can't seem to uninstall this game from the menu. How can I get rid of the menu??? Is there any way to clean up my system so that it's removed from the menu?

I've got Janitor installed on my system, but not sure how to use it. Anybody have any ideas?
    Oh you'll get yours, Microsoft.

Beans

Re: Wine -- Could Not Launch Uninstall.