Team,

Issue: Display preferences shows "Unknown Monitor" and I can't increase resolution above 800x600.

System and Hardware details:
Ubuntu : v9.10
Motherboard : Asus P5KPL-AM/PS
Display Driver: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31 Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:29c2] (rev 10)

Details: the resolution i am using is too small. i want to increase the resolution. when i am pressing the "Detect Monitors" it shows "unknown Monitor" also the resolution is restricted to 800x600.

I am a first time user of Linux. Thanks to Ubuntu team for wonderful OS. Please let know what i have to do. i Googled a lot on "intel G33 driver for linux", "Unknown Monitor" on Ubuntu/Google webiste but believe could not find the right solution.

i think Ubuntu v9.10 already provides the Intel G33 display driver because i was downloading/installing something and it said "Error: the later version is already installed".

If i need to download/install something request to provide step/by/step procedure. Because yet i am not able to understand from where/how to install make/compile code. where to place the downloaded files etc.

Thanks / Regards,
AJ