Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Avatar....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Avatar....

Quote Originally Posted by Shibblet View Post
    I've talked to friends about the "Lord of the Rings" books. And a lot of them don't like the books at all. Their reasons were "The plot was too predictable." The plot? Too predictable? Really? I guess in 2009 it is, maybe even in 1980... In 1954 - 1960 from publishing year to it's most popular years, it wasn't. As a matter of fact, no story like that was told. But if it wasn't for Tolkien's books, we wouldn't have near as many derivations today.
    Ironically, I think it's precisely because Tolkien pulled so many elements from enduring and familiar mythology that his books carry so much resonance.
    Focus is Cash in the Economics of Attention
    No one should apologize for, nor act threatened as a result of their preferences.- PapaRaven

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by armageddon08 View Post
    How did you guys like Avatar? I felt like something was kinda missing from the movie. It just didn't feel that satisfying. May be because I was expecting more.

Share your thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukripper View Post
    Seen yesterday in Vue cinema, 3D one.

Story - Lame 1/10

Plot - Full of ambiguities 1/10

Examples:
    1. If they have such advance weaponry and technology including DNA abomination but why on earth the guy still on 20th century wheel chair and struggling, shouldn't he get limbs borrowed of the terminator.

2. They need World war II bombs to blast a tree..hmmm...What happened to nuclear age in the future?

3. Do they actually need soldiers to be present physically in the war zone...What happened to robotics in the future?

and many more......

sorry this film could have been the best ever, only if the writer was bothered to concentrate on the plot and character building.

My overall ratings - 6/10 just on mere visually stunning experience.
    I found this to be the most interesting write up on Avatar.

Even before the buzz began building for James Cameron's sci fi blockbuster Avatar, today's "millennial generation," the film's biggest fans, knew what the word meant. Few knew the classical definition of "avatar" as "the incarnation of a Hindu diety"...
    http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...rticle/Printer
    "Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." ~ Yoda

Beans

Sorry to bump this thread, but it is better than starting a new one. I recently made a blog, more of a web journal and its starting post concerns my thoughts about the movie Avatar. I plan to add some open source related stuff next, starting with a review of the Gnome Shell. If you wish to read please enjoy, and feel free to post comments. Just use manners because I like to promote discussion not arguments
    http://vbrummond.blogspot.com/

Link is in my sig as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234