Thread: Dell Mini Ubuntu upgrade??

Beans

Dell Mini Ubuntu upgrade??

I just got a Dell A90 and like Ubuntu 8.04 that it came with, but I have one problem. I don't understand what it takes to upgrade the Flash Player so that I can watch Hulu video. I'm brand new to Ubuntu, and confused about all the options. Should I try to sort out the Flash Player issue, or would it be better just to upgrade to a newer version of Ubuntu, such as 9.04 or 9.10, and if so, should I do Netbook remix or the the standard version? I've also thought about going the Hackintosh route, but I would like to stay with Ubuntu if I can solve the video problem. Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Dell Mini Ubuntu upgrade??

Hi,

have you tried the DELL UBUNTU SUPPORT sub-forum here in UF?

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=342

they may have specific answers for DELL pre-installed Ubuntu OS'. I seem to recall the 8.04 DELL install is somewhat 'special'.

Good luck.
    "The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it" .... A. Glasow

Beans

Hi Raymond,

Thanks! I re-posted over in the Dell Support section. I must be blind not having seen that section before. Thanks so much!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1953 View Post
    Hi Raymond,

Thanks! I re-posted over in the Dell Support section. I must be blind not having seen that section before. Thanks so much!
    You're welcome, happy holidays
    "The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it" .... A. Glasow