Thread: HP Touchsmart PC tx2-1025dx touch screen support Ubuntu 9.10

Beans

Angry HP Touchsmart PC tx2-1025dx touch screen support Ubuntu 9.10

I just recently switched over to Ubuntu from Vista and am very impressed. I have gotten everything to work except the touchscreen. The touchscreen can use either a finger or a digitizer. Is there anyone who knows were a driver for this may be. I have the windows drivers on a driver restore dvd that I got from HP if there is any way to get the windows driver to work in Ubuntu, like the Ndiswrapper works for the wireless windows drivers. Please, if you guys fail me, I'll be forced to switch back to Vista, and I know nobody wants that. Thanks =]

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: HP Touchsmart PC tx2-1025dx touch screen support Ubuntu 9.10

You can start with this thread:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1252492

It is for the tx2z laptops and the Dell XT2 and it should work fine for your laptop because it is the same as mine.

Beans

Unhappy Re: HP Touchsmart PC tx2-1025dx touch screen support Ubuntu 9.10

Wow thats confusing
    I just did everything http://linuxfans.keryxproject.org/?page_id=23 told me to do
    Its still not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi Chris,

The next step is to patch linuxwacom. If you want you could try tekknokrat's xserver-xorg-input-wacom deb at post #317. Just download it and double click on it and the Debian installer will install it. If it works for you you won't need to patch and compile linuxwacom 0.8.4-4.

Beans

Thanks very much for the information!! one question: Does this drivers work fine on jaunty? and I used to have karmic but since I had a lot of problems including that when it recognizes my touchscreen it wasn't calibrated and i couldn't calibrate it at all also every time it recognizes my touchscreen it won't recognize my video card so every kind of effect was disabled. that's disgusting haha so if every one could answer me please thanks in advance and regards!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

You will have to build a custom kernel for Jaunty so that it will work. This is because there are several parts of the kernel that needs to be built.

Do you have a tx2-1025dx? The calibration issue is because the touchscreen is either using the evdev or synaptic driver instead of the wacom driver. As for the graphics driver, did you do anything else beside installing it though Hardware Drivers?

Also which was the last version of Windows on your laptop and are you using 32 or 64-bit?