Thread: Seemingly easy question..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Question Seemingly easy question..

I am looking for a browser which doesnt munch CPU power as im on a netbook (and firefox munches CPU). Now the other thing is, i use a mobile broadban connection, with image compression and as such, all images are of crappy quality and CAPTCHA images don't work properly and i cant read the nubmers/letters (as they dont appear).

So with firefox, i have the "modifyheaders" add-in, and im looking for a browser that doesnt kill my CPU and has an equivilant to modify headers.

Beans

Re: Seemingly easy question..

I like the konqueror

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Try seamokey. I've messed around with it some.
    Laptop: MSI CR700, 17.3" WXGA++ 16:9 1600X900 NVIDIA MCP79MVL GeForce 8200M G 512MB shared, Dual core Intel T4200 2GHZ 800MHZ 1MB, 320GB SATA, 4GB RAM (max), 6.5lbs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by JamesParnell View Post
    I am looking for a browser which doesnt munch CPU power as im on a netbook (and firefox munches CPU). Now the other thing is, i use a mobile broadban connection, with image compression and as such, all images are of crappy quality and CAPTCHA images don't work properly and i cant read the nubmers/letters (as they dont appear).

So with firefox, i have the "modifyheaders" add-in, and im looking for a browser that doesnt kill my CPU and has an equivilant to modify headers.
    Im not too sure about modifyheaders, but you should definitely try out Google Chrome. i have about 5-6 tabs open now and its using around 2-3% of my cpu.

Another option, (ive never tried, but ive heard its very good) is Opera. Its similar to firefox, but is very speedy and not too power hungry.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

If flash is a requirement then konqueror won't work.
    Linux cheat sheet

If you can't afford to loose it, if you don't know how to get it back: back it up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by tom.swartz07 View Post
    Im not too sure about modifyheaders, but you should definitely try out Google Chrome. i have about 5-6 tabs open now and its using around 2-3% of my cpu.

Another option, (ive never tried, but ive heard its very good) is Opera. Its similar to firefox, but is very speedy and not too power hungry.

I have both opera and chrome, i love chrome and would use it all the time, but i't doesnt have a plugin like modify headers..

And i would need flash, so thanks for the heads up before i downloaded it

Beans

It seems a good match for you would be Midori. It's my favorite browser.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Chrome would probably be good.