Thread: GVFS overload from loading a Zen

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

GVFS overload from loading a Zen

Allright, I have a two-part problem here.
    I own a 2GB Creative Zen music player. Ubuntu recognises it correctly as a media player and will transfer files well....with a couple exceptions.

First, when I move a large amount of music to the player (as I did when I reloaded it), it will operate okay for awhile, then will lag completely. I was able to get the system monitor open and it showed that the process "gvfs" was using an ungodly amount of memory (I have 1.11 not including video, it was using just under 800mb). I also do not have a swap, didn't feel the need (and have never before had a need).
    Computer is a Compaq Presario v5000 2.0ghz Sempron, 1.25mb ram, 100gb hdd, if that helps.

Second part might need to be put into a separate thread...the music transfers to the Zen without a problem, but the mp3 player won't read that it's there. I know it is, I can browse the 'player through the computer without a problem and play that music like it's an attached USB stick, so I'm thinking it has to be organized with folders on the 'player?

Thanks ahead of time for the answers, obviously the first part is a bigger problem than the second, I might be able to use the creative software through wine if I need to.
    Team Ignition Kernel Developer | Firestorm ROM Thunderbolt Manager
    linux-ideapad developer/maintainer for Arch Linux/Ubuntu Linux
    NT-Sparkkernel Developer for the Nook Tablet

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: GVFS overload from loading a Zen

Bump

any suggestions? Thanks to missing .dll, I can't run the cd's software through wine.
    Team Ignition Kernel Developer | Firestorm ROM Thunderbolt Manager
    linux-ideapad developer/maintainer for Arch Linux/Ubuntu Linux
    NT-Sparkkernel Developer for the Nook Tablet