Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can a home made CD look professional?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Can a home made CD look professional?

Hi again,

@ steveneddy - Thanks for your contribution.

@ Groucho Marxist - My interest concerns a professional-looking home made CD, but not in any professional (meaning commercial) use. However, whilst I am not at all artistic I have no doubt that I could use software to produce simple yet stunning artwork.

My regards

I also like most dogs and we once had a Kerry Blue type mongrel that had more common sense, more honesty and was a lot easier on the eye than most politicians. A favourite quote about an unnamed politician (though any lady readers may like to note the gender) is ¨He brought to the scene an alert agile mind uncluttered by knowledge or ideas¨.

Beans

stick-on labels are terrible abominations. Don't use them. If they are the slightest bit off center it can REALLY wreak havoc as the out of balance condition is exaggerated at the speed a CD spins. Go with either printable media and a disk printer or get a Lightsribe capable drive and media. Lightscribe is monochromatic whereas a disk printer prints in color. I've used both. For home use I prefer the lightscribe. I had an Epson inkjet printer that was made to also print on disk media. It worked ok, but I have grown to hate inkjets and their cartridges.

Oh and linux (Ubuntu) handled both lightscribe and the Epson just fine.
    Dell Zino HD, AMD Neo X2 e6850, 8GB, 750GB, ATI HD4330 in MXM slot.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

There are online services (at the moemnt i can't recall the name) that offer professional production and packaging of CD/DVD. Including wrapper. They will print it in smalll (1 pc) as well as large number (they are cheaper) and also ship it to you. They are not that expencive as i remmeber and all works by user sending them material for publishing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12