Thread: Lenovo S10 Internal Microphone & Ekiga

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Lenovo S10 Internal Microphone & Ekiga

I have set my parents up with Ekiga on their Windows machine and we have successfully linked up via video (so they can see their grandchildren). I can hear my parents fine via their internal microphone but I am having problems with mine. I have read many google and forum posts about this bug. The microphone is detecting sound after I switched to Microphone Two in the sound mixer "Sound Preferences". However, for my parents to hear me at all I have to amplify the microphone and they can barely here me or I get a bunch of feedback? Any suggestions? I am using 9.10 and have checked to see that I have the most updated version of ALSA.

Thanks for helping me learn!

Mark

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Lenovo S10 Internal Microphone & Ekiga

Perhaps you should use micboost. Check if you have that option by typing <alsamixer> in Terminal and cycling through channels with Tab key.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Lenovo S10 Internal Microphone & Ekiga

Mikewhatever,
    Thank you, this fixed the problem. Micboost was all the way down to 0, after adjusting it up to just below the red level it is working perfectly. I know there are a lot of people out there with this problem. Thank you so much! No my kids will be able to video chat with their grand parents over the holidays!

Mark