Thread: VNC and workspace switching

Beans

VNC and workspace switching

hi,

i am using the default vnc client, vinagre (Applications>Internet>Remote Desktop Viewer), to connect to my old laptop with the broken display, and there's one annoying issue:

vinagre uses "ctrl + alt" for grabbing/releasing the cursor. so every time i attempt to switch workspaces on my local system with "ctrl + alt + left|right", vinagre captures it and grabs the cursor. (and switches workspaces on the remote desktop instead)

any ideas how to fix that?
    (the only thing that comes to my mind is changing the keys for workspace switching on my local system, but i don't want to do that.)
    As you can see from my history, i was once an enthusiastic ubuntu user. I would hereby like to assert that i no longer recommend using ubuntu to anyone. I recommend using one of the many distributions that do not include ad-/spyware by default.

Beans

Re: VNC and workspace switching

bump

do other vnc clients use the same keys?
    As you can see from my history, i was once an enthusiastic ubuntu user. I would hereby like to assert that i no longer recommend using ubuntu to anyone. I recommend using one of the many distributions that do not include ad-/spyware by default.