Thread: PCI E x1 Wireless cards...

Beans

PCI E x1 Wireless cards...

This might not be the right place but I have a wireless question / hardware question. I have looked at the wiki for supported cards but nothing mentions pci-express cards... does any one know a slimline pci-express x1 card that works with ubuntu decent... I bought 2 slimline machines and got a Windows refund and now with that money need 2 wireless cards that work with ubuntu. the only expansion port is pci-e x1. They just have to work don't care if it is a/b/g/n or what not..

Thanks
    Philip

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: PCI E x1 Wireless cards...

There isn't a dialup modem you can rip out and put the wireless card in it's place? As far as I know, all intel wireless cards simply work. Almost all broadcom cards work after installing the restricted drivers. Atheros cards usually work.

Beans

Re: PCI E x1 Wireless cards...

No It is all integrated in a slimline (very cheep but its for a internet cafe), and it has a pci e x1 and x16 slot and that is it and the x16 is going for a video card eventually. Just looking at some dlink and hp wireless pci e x1 slimline but not sure if ubuntu will work the hp says redhat and all ms branded ones...

Thanks
    Philip