Thread: Listen music player not playing Shoutcast

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Listen music player not playing Shoutcast

I have Listen music player 0.6.2 installed with the Shoutcast plugin. The Shoutcast directory shows up, but when I click on a station, there is no sound even though the Now Playing pane shows the station as playing. I can get the stations to play in Songbird and Exaile. My music collection plays fine with Listen. Does anyone have an idea how to get the Shoutcast stations to play? I am running Ubuntu 9.10. Thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Listen music player not playing Shoutcast

Quote Originally Posted by bark50 View Post
    I have Listen music player 0.6.2 installed with the Shoutcast plugin. The Shoutcast directory shows up, but when I click on a station, there is no sound even though the Now Playing pane shows the station as playing. I can get the stations to play in Songbird and Exaile. My music collection plays fine with Listen. Does anyone have an idea how to get the Shoutcast stations to play? I am running Ubuntu 9.10. Thank you.
    Hate to break it to you but listen is not compatible with shoutcast streams. The PLS file that the shoutcast web page downloads contains ip address or the actual streaming server (and also the port number) If you extract that info and play that you'll be able to listen to streams using listen. I've used the same method to play shoutcast streams in XMMS2.

But have to admit Songbird is awesome.