Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Ubuntu work with the Novatech x10 netbook?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Will Ubuntu work with the Novatech x10 netbook?

Quote Originally Posted by jsdd View Post
    Just to say that I bought the X10 a couple of days ago and installed the Kubuntu Netbook Remix version via external cd drive and so far, so good. everything seems to be working nicely. Looks nice too!
    This is probably your best indicator that the notebook will work fine.
    Think about all things you hear before you accept what you are told.

Click to find out more: The Kalama Sutta

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Purchased 30 X10s for the junior school I work in and installed UNR 9.10 (Karmic) on there with no problems at all. Not tried the normal version of Karmic though.

Everything's working fine and the kids don't even notice that it's not running Windows, so a definite result as not purchasing Windows meant we saved quite a bit of cash (about £850!).

Update - just purchased an X10 for myself and installed Karmic and everything's working fine so far,
    Last edited by booboo64; March 25th, 2010 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Update

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

A new X10 arrived this afternoon with no OS on it so I straight away stuck UNR 10.04 on it and so far as I can tell absolutely everything works exactly as it should without any tweaking needed of any sort.

A quick update, adding medibuntu repos and all the needed codecs, and it's away.

The netbook is a brilliant little machine; UNR installed in about 15 minutes, boots from power-on switch to the final UNR desktop in under 30 secs, and so far is totally faultless. Early days, but I'm impressed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12