Thread: wireless on dell inspiron laptop PROBLEMS!!!

Beans

wireless on dell inspiron laptop PROBLEMS!!!

i have xp installed side by side with ubuntu 9.10. i get wireless connection on xp. none on ubuntu. i have saved ndisgtk to my desktop. when i open the folder, and then the second folder, & try to run the ndisgtk icon(without the extension), it says i need "root or sudo priviledges required". i dont know what to do with this info. also, whenever i try to use the "terminal" it always asks for a password, but my keyboard wont type anything at that point. frustrated but patient. ANY IDEAS???

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: wireless on dell inspiron laptop PROBLEMS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dudz1976 View Post
    i have xp installed side by side with ubuntu 9.10. i get wireless connection on xp. none on ubuntu. i have saved ndisgtk to my desktop. when i open the folder, and then the second folder, & try to run the ndisgtk icon(without the extension), it says i need "root or sudo priviledges required". i dont know what to do with this info. also, whenever i try to use the "terminal" it always asks for a password, but my keyboard wont type anything at that point. frustrated but patient. ANY IDEAS???
    - When you type in a password in terminal ... you won't see it. Just go ahead and type in your password and press ENTER

- To run a program from/using terminal, just type the program name. You may be required to type in your password (which again, will be invisible when you type).
    "The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it" .... A. Glasow

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: wireless on dell inspiron laptop PROBLEMS!!!

raymondh is correct when you are prompted to enter the password it will not show for that matter the cursor might not even move but type your password and press enter.