Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WGET Problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: WGET Problems

Actually 127.0.0.1 is the localhost that is a "virtual" network interface or in other word a build in eth interface or loop back interface. You can use it even if you have no actual network card available.
    ---
    Be paranoid. God is always building a better idiot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Could you use another box to access internet, search for & download missing file?
    Then transfer file to other box with usb stick.
    Linux Registered User #443947 Ubuntu Regestered User #12604

Hakunamatata ...... No worries !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by IcarusR View Post
    Could you use another box to access internet, search for & download missing file?
    Then transfer file to other box with usb stick.
    OP has explained already that program starts wget to download file from net.
    ---
    Be paranoid. God is always building a better idiot.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I think I have a solution. You have both the bcm43xx....deb file and the wl_apsta-3.130.20.0.o file. Correct?

Put the .deb file somewhere convenient, right-click on it and choose 'Extract here'. You'll get a folder extracted containing the contents - control.tar.gz and data.tar.gz. Do an 'extract here' on data.tar.gz and you'll get a /usr folder containing /bin and /share folders. In the /share folder is yet another subfolder called /bcm43xx-fwcutter, and in that folder is the executable script install_bcm43xx_firmware.sh. The script in the version I downloaded consists of this:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

set -e

dname=wl_apsta.o
    if [ -e /usr/bin/wget ]; then DL="wget -O $dname"; fi
    if [ -e /usr/bin/curl ]; then DL="curl -o $dname"; fi

cd /tmp
    $DL http://downloads.openwrt.org/sources/wl_apsta-3.130.20.0.o
    bcm43xx-fwcutter $dname
    mkdir -p /lib/firmware
    for i in *.fw; do
            mv $i /lib/firmware/$i;
    done
    rm wl_apsta*.o
    But check yours. There were a few versions of the bcm cutter package to choose from. In the /bin folder is the executable bcm43xx-fwcutter. So, as far as I can see, all you have to do is put the bcm43xx-fwcutter executable and wl_apsta-3.130.20.0.o file in the same place, and do each command in the script from the 'bcm43xx-fwcutter $dname' line, adapting that to:

Code:
    sudo ./bcm43xx-fwcutter wl_apsta-3.130.20.0.o
    The for - done loop you could probably do as a 'sudo mv *.fw /lib/firmware/'.

As far as I can make out bcm43xx-fwcutter must extract a number of *.fw firmware files from wl_apsta-3.130.20.0.o, which you need to move to lib/firmware. And that's it really.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I did it and it extracted it, but I noticed its contained in a file which I can't seem to open even with sudo. so I moved the whole file in
    Windows 7, mmmmmmmmmmmm. A Virus D'uh!
    :-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12