Thread: how to increase broadband speed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Cool how to increase broadband speed

hi.i want to know if there is any code or something so that i can get more bandwidth than i m alloted by my internet service provider...i live in a third world country like bangladesh,,,i get 10 kBps for downlaod in an average...my ISP was supposed to give 12 kBps...if there is any way to get something like 100-200 kBps please let me know....thanx in advance

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: how to increase broadband speed

Quote Originally Posted by asif_1088119 View Post
    hi.i want to know if there is any code or something so that i can get more bandwidth than i m alloted by my internet service provider...i live in a third world country like bangladesh,,,i get 10 kBps for downlaod in an average...my ISP was supposed to give 12 kBps...if there is any way to get something like 100-200 kBps please let me know....thanx in advance
    You can't exceed your advertised broadband speed but make sure you selected the right MTU value in network manager for your connection. You can use the tools at dslr or speedguide.org to determine your MTU.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

is there any hacking tools to exceed my advertised bandwidth???let me know please...it takes 24 hours for downloading a 700 mb movie

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by asif_1088119 View Post
    Find a service provider that supplies a larger bandwidth limit.For what it's worth,you are asking this members of this forum to provide you with information to assist you in an illegal activity.Not a good idea.

Beans

Hi friend, first make sure that you Log on as Administrator, not as a user with Administrator privileges.
    * Start > Run > type gpedit.msc
    * You will see [Local Computer Policy]
    * Expand the [Administrative Templates] branch
    * Expand the [Network] branch
    * Highlight [QoS Packet Scheduler]
    * Double-click [Limit Reservable Bandwidth]
    * Check [Enabled]
    * Change [Bandwidth limit %] to 0 %
    * Click [Apply] [OK]
    * Restart
    Effect is immediate.

You can also use this website http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ to check the current speed of the broadband at free of cost......

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hi tigerdiva,
    Your advice is a Windows media streaming reserved bandwidth remover and it doesn't work for Ubuntu.