Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change Default Date Format in OpenOffice Calc?

Beans

Re: Change Default Date Format in OpenOffice Calc?

I created an account on this forum specifically to THANK MathUHenry for posting a working solution to this problem.

I'm one of those random people who uses a search engine to try and figure out how to fix things. In this case, I was growing increasingly exasperated by OpenOffice Calc automatically adjusting the date I was entering into a spreadsheet. I kept thinking... WTF is going on? Can't this MF'ing software just KEEP what I'm typing in?! So annoying!

Your instructions proved to be FANTASTIC!

So... thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MathUHenry View Post
    I finally figured out how to do this and am going through and posting the solution to the threads I've been reading for help:

1) in spreadsheet press Ctrl F11
    2) Default - Modify
    3) Date
    4) change the language until you find one that defaults to the format you like (you CANNOT specify your own format) I like Uyghur and Zulu
    5) click OK - OK
    6) File - Templates - Save
    7) File - Templates - Organize
    8 ) right click the saved template and "Set As Default Template"

When a date is entered, it will now be recognized from the correct format and will be rendered in the correct format.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Change Default Date Format in OpenOffice Calc?

4) change the language until you find one that defaults to the format you like (you CANNOT specify your own format)
    The date format can be given as a format code (see field "format code"), and thus is pressy customizable: you do not need to take a preset.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12