3 7.89%
  • Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

10 26.32%
  • Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

0 0%
  • Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

5 13.16%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Star Trek Movie (of the first 6)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Favorite Star Trek Movie (of the first 6)

Khan!!!
    Mike: "The hardest questions in life are the ones worth answering"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I never liked any of the next generation and onwards star trek episodes, original series with the original crew made in the 60's easily remains the best and only ones worth watching (for me). Those films weren't as good as the original tv series either. Only thing that comes close is the newest film that came out last year. i saw it last night and thought it was awesome.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by adeypoop View Post
    I never liked any of the next generation and onwards star trek episodes, original series with the original crew made in the 60's easily remains the best and only ones worth watching (for me). Those films weren't as good as the original tv series either. Only thing that comes close is the newest film that came out last year. i saw it last night and thought it was awesome.
    I don't know man. First contact was pretty good, and the STNG finalle "All Good Things", was certianly better than the dead-end story about kirks psycho ex-girlfriend, that closed out STOS. I did really like the new movie though. hopefully the reboot and subsequent kick in the posterior will help revitalize the franchise. though to be honest, they need to take 10 years off, so society can imagine more future for them to live out.
    Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyRabbiera View Post
    As a TOS fan your family member might more favor Wrath of Khan as ST:II I consider a good starting point for any future/current trekkie after watching space seed.
    Space Seed was coincidentally the first episode I saw. I may have to dig it up in my dvr so we can watch it as a prelude...

ST:V was really that bad?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Khan is the best followed by Undiscovered Country

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by jimi_hendrix View Post
    I am getting a relative and major ST:TOS fan (who has never actually seen any of the movies, and neither have I) the first six Star Trek movies for Christmas. Whats your favorite and which should we watch first?
    If you are buying all 6 movies, just watch them in order. II, III and IV are more or less a trilogy so those at least should be watched in order.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by 今幸福 View Post
    I like the one by J.J. Abrams that came out last year the best.

I really liked it also. It added a breadth of fresh air on the old crew characters. It had comedy and suspense both that I enjoyed with the original startrek movies. I also find my self actualy liking shows produced by JJ Abrams before I knew JJ Abrams actually produced them. Like Fridge for example. I really dig that tv series.

I am hoping with to days special effects and a younger and very talented crew they can do a series of movies that predate the original trek1 movie.

The ST:TNG movies feel to mellow dramatic. Based way to much for morals and what not. Each one is about as exciting as watching the TV show.
    Linux User: 380654
    CIW Certified Internet Web Professional: 435668

Beans
    Hidden!

Now how does Khan remember Chekov when he wasn't on duty the day they filmed Space Seed?
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by lisati View Post
    Now how does Khan remember Chekov when he wasn't on duty the day they filmed Space Seed?
    hmm.. will have to watch then report back...

EDIT:
    Just watched it again.. No Chekov. LOL I guess hes psychic!
    Last edited by Exodist; December 17th, 2009 at 05:29 AM.
    Linux User: 380654
    CIW Certified Internet Web Professional: 435668

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by lisati View Post
    This is a long debated argument since the character of Chekov wasn't introduced until the second season of Star Trek while "Space Seed" happened during the first season.

My explanation makes a lot of sense to me. Chekov wasn't a bridge officer during the first season so we didn't see him. Remember, the Enterprise had a crew of 430, but we only saw a fraction of them during the series, so Chekov was simply "off screen" during the first season.

In "Space Seed" Kirk so graciously gave Khan access to the ship's library computers (great command decision there!) Khan very easily could have accessed the ship's roster and due to his "superior genetic engineering" memorized the entire crew, so when he says to Chekov in ST:II, "I never forget a face" he remembers Chekov's file and the line makes sense. Maybe he even bumped into him during a commercial break.

I read where Walter Koenig was well aware of this inconsistency when he read the script, but since it was a great role for Chekov, he very wisely kept his mouth shut, otherwise the role may have gone to someone else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast